Routing 101

G

This is twisting my mind....any help for the routing Russian? Is he elim for FTR? or can he Low Crawl away?

Regards,

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
There seems to be a problem with the picture you posted. I'm just getting an Internet Explorer red "x" because the picture can't be found at the location you specified.

G

Yeah, it was there when I previewed the post....then it was gone....now I log-in and it's back. I'm not savvy enough with this stuff to say why it shows up sometimes and not others....

Perhaps someone more experienced with the forum could assist?

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rout

IMHO, the Russian unit can rout away.

Surrendering doesn't come into play. A20.21 say (first, edition, but I don't think this has changed) that a unit will become a prisoner only if "ADJACENT to Known, Good Order, armed enemy Infantry/Cavalry". It goes on to say "If the only adjacent enemy unit is a vehicle, the broken unit must rout away." So the unit must rout away.

Since surrendering is NA, the ordinary rout requirements come into play. The unit can Low Crawl to M5 (not ADJACENT to an enemy, no closer to an enemy), or it can rout thru M5 (risking Interdiction) into M4.

I think the key is: the tank forces the broken unit to rout, but cannot accept a surrender, so the unit routs normally (if possible, which it is in your example).

G

I think I fixed the picture problem (web page naming conflict on Geocities)....please let me know if anyone still has problems viewing it.

Regards,

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Picture

I had the picture, but I got the red X when I refreshed the screen.