Rout Question

agoldin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello Everyone,
I have a rout question I hope the hive mind can answer. In this example (from KGP-Stoumont Campaign Game) let's say a US first line squad breaks while an in-Motion German tank (Panther) is in its hex. It is the German player turn and now the beginning of the rout phase. What options does the broken squad have to rout?

Thanks!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It can rout out of the hex it is currently in the direction of Z11 or AA11 (depending on the nearest rout terrain-looks to be BB9, so AA11 should be its 1st hex routed to on its way there). Since the Panther is In-Motion (not shown on this pic) it would be unable to interdict and it looks as if all other German units are a level below the routing unit so would preclude interdiction also. (A10.51 ...A routing unit may never move ADJACENT to a Known enemy unit, unless in doing so it is leaving that enemy unit's Location.)

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
...it looks as if all other German units are a level below the routing unit ...
By the way the Crest Lines are drawn it looks like German unit are at higher level. Not that I think it matters since it looks like the broken unit would not be subject to interdiction anyway.

Edited - added "not".

Last edited:

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
By the way the Crest Lines are drawn it looks like German unit are at higher level. Not that I think it matters since it looks like the broken unit would be subject to interdiction anyway.
Would or wouldn't be?
All the hexes on the road are orchards.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
A11 would be interdicted by the Panther's MG (which are not affected by its MG).

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
A11 would be interdicted by the Panther's MG (which are not affected by its MG).
In post #2 is was stated "Since the Panther is In-Motion (not shown on this pic)", and IIRC, a vehicle in Motion can't Interdict.

Here's a view of the map without all the counter...

So either way, no Interdiction on the way to e.g., AA10 or BB10 - orchard hexes. Looks like AA10 is the initial rout target.

Last edited:

agoldin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the comments. Since this is KGP, I forgot to mention that there is moderate fog +1 LV for every four hexes). So I think the squad will get away.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Thanks for the comments. Since this is KGP, I forgot to mention that there is moderate fog +1 LV for every four hexes). So I think the squad will get away.
Moderate Mist (which I assume you mean, not Fog) is an LV Hindrance (E3.1)...that does not, by itself, negate FFMO/Interdiction. But in the given situation it does not matter, as the broken unit does not have to rout in an Open Ground hexes.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
By the way the Crest Lines are drawn it looks like German unit are at higher level. Not that I think it matters since it looks like the broken unit would not be subject to interdiction anyway.

Edited - added "not".
Oh yeah, the Germans are at a higher level not the lower level and it does look as if AA10 is the initial rout destination as shown without units on the map. Also it is clear the routing unit would not be subject to interdiction because of the Orchards regardless of the motion status of the AFV. Thanks.