Rout Question

Tycho

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So...

A broken DM guy is on the 1st level of a building. There are bad guys 2 hexes away at ground level in LOS. Can he rout downstairs (in the same hex) or is that getting closer to a KEU?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
So...

A broken DM guy is on the 1st level of a building. There are bad guys 2 hexes away at ground level in LOS. Can he rout downstairs (in the same hex) or is that getting closer to a KEU?
Yes hex can - he is not moving closer, since the number of hexes between them are the same.

See the rout example and the broken unit on Level 2 in hex M2 - it can rout downstairs in a situation like the one you describe.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
If the enemy unit is in the same hex (say a vehicle in bypass so there's LOS), can the unit rout down from a third level steeple to the second level?

JR

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Just a thought, that would not make the broken unit encircled if a vehicle was in bypass, would it? If encircled, I would rather have the enemy waste a movement phase coming up to get the broken unit assuming the enemy does not declare mopping up.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Just a thought, that would not make the broken unit encircled if a vehicle was in bypass, would it? If encircled, I would rather have the enemy waste a movement phase coming up to get the broken unit assuming the enemy does not declare mopping up.
With a third level steeple, I sort of had in mind that the building had two hexes. Even if there were only one hex, I assumed a vehicle and routing down to the second level, so there would be no surrender. One might prefer to rout down if one had another unit that could take the broken unit's place in the steeple and/or if there were a leader on the second level.

JR