Rout into HIP

Uriah Jones

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What happens when a broken enemy unit routs into the Location of a friendly HIP unit? In my situation I have an enemy unit rout into my HIP units location as his first movement of the rout phase, am I required to 'reveal' the HIP unit the way I would if an enemy unit moved in during movement phase?

I can't seem to find this, and haven't had this situation before. If not required to immediately 'reveal' I have two additional questions.

1. Can my units voluntarily 'reveal' at the end of Rout Phase to eliminate the enemy units for FtR?
  2. Or does my HIP unit come on board during CC phase (under ?) and we roll for CC?
Thanks guys!

Uriah

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
It's A10.533:

10.533 CONCEALMENT: Concealed units, since they are not Known, must be ignored by the routing player in determining his legal rout route. The presence of a concealed enemy unit in the closest building/woods hex (not in the direction of a Known enemy) to a unit that must rout, does not free the broken unit from its normal obligation to rout to that hex. Upon entrance of the concealed unit's Location, one concealed non-Dummy unit therein must become Known (i.e., lose its concealment, using Random Selection) in repulsing the routing unit to the last occupied hex (wherein the routing unit must end its RtPh — and be eliminated for ending the RtPh ADJACENT to a Known enemy unit; 12.15). [As corrected by errata: I think Journal 7]​
And A12.3

...Hidden Status is considered the equal of concealment except as otherwise specified.​

Last edited: