Rout from Foxhole questions

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hi,

A broken unit is in a FH, In the same hex (but not in the FH) there are enemy good order units, no melee exists. WIll the broken unit be eliminated in the rtph as they will rout into the OG portion of the same hex before leaving it?

If there are smoke in the hex will that change anything?

If the Smoke is an ongoing WP OBA will the routing unit have to take a MC as they leave the FH in the same hex that contains WP ?
/S

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
1) the router - generally - can safely exit the foxhole as per B27.41:

B27.41 ...A unit expending one MF to leave a foxhole in Open Ground is subject to Interdiction in that hex only if the MF is expended without being combined with the MF cost of another hex being entered; if the MF is expended in combination with the MF for entry of another hex, any possible Interdiction must occur in the newly entered hex as per the terrain in that hex.​
SMOKE will cancel interdiction options (because of its positive DRM) and can have other effects on routing.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Hi,
If Ife Smoke is an ongoing WP OBA will the routing unit have to take a MC as they leave the FH in the same hex that contains WP ?
/S
As per C1.51 and 1.71, the MC affects of WP FFE will affect a router, including one becoming more vulnerable by leaving a Foxhole.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I assume the enemy units are a vehicle or a berserk/human wave unit? Although the foxhole is a separate location for some purposes, these are limited and generally enemy inc will be unable to enter an occupied foxhole hex.

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
1) the router - generally - can safely exit the foxhole as per B27.41:

B27.41 ...A unit expending one MF to leave a foxhole in Open Ground is subject to Interdiction in that hex only if the MF is expended without being combined with the MF cost of another hex being entered; if the MF is expended in combination with the MF for entry of another hex, any possible Interdiction must occur in the newly entered hex as per the terrain in that hex.​
SMOKE will cancel interdiction options (because of its positive DRM) and can have other effects on routing.
But in this case teh router will move into the same location as the enemy during rout phase as they leave the FH?

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I assume the enemy units are a vehicle or a berserk/human wave unit? Although the foxhole is a separate location for some purposes, these are limited and generally enemy inc will be unable to enter an occupied foxhole hex.
The Japanese got into the hex while Banzaing and the American MMC broke as it did FPF. The japanese MMC could not enter the FH due to lack of MF it only got into the hex. SO the Q is wether the routing squad dies as it can not enter the same location as the Jap sq as it exits the FH?

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
But in this case teh router will move into the same location as the enemy during rout phase as they leave the FH?
Yeah. I missed that the enemy were in the same hex when I read your OP... I still don't think that changes any of the above. The units start the RtPh in the same Location:

B27.13 LOCATION: A unit in a foxhole is not in the same Location as a unit outside that foxhole on the same level (not in a pillbox) and in the same hex for purposes of weapon Recovery or TEM, but is considered in the same Location for all other purposes (including CC and LLMC/LLTC).​

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The Japanese got into the hex while Banzaing and the American MMC broke as it did FPF. The japanese MMC could not enter the FH due to lack of MF it only got into the hex. SO the Q is wether the routing squad dies as it can not enter the same location as the Jap sq as it exits the FH?
That's fair enough. I just wanted to be sure that you were aware that the foxhole and the hex are the same location.
I don't think it makes any difference as although the MP are spent getting out of the FH, they are apent as part of entering the next hex.