Round 4: Best scenario by Chas Smith!

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Prolific designer of HOB and Bounding Fire fame... This question may also be considered what is the best scenario from these Third Party Producers (but not necessarily)....

Chas has recently produced a veritable buttload of scenarios in Blood and Jungle and Crucible of Steel. Many of these are already reaching the classic status... But his work has also appeared in Journals, Operations magazines, Special Ops, Recon by Fire, Action Packs, Winter Offensive Packs, and even a Critical Hit Hero Pax.... His work is often known to be Big, Meaty, and full of toys...

So what is the best, most memorable offering you've played from Chas Smith?

List attached from the ASL Scenario Archive....

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My first thought was also 'the Zoo'. But I really like Hueishan Docks, and if you haven't had a chance to play that one, give it a whirl.

Rick

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Prolific designer of HOB and Bounding Fire fame... This question may also be considered what is the best scenario from these Third Party Producers (but not necessarily)....

Chas has recently produced a veritable buttload of scenarios in Blood and Jungle and Crucible of Steel. Many of these are already reaching the classic status... But his work has also appeared in Journals, Operations magazines, Special Ops, Recon by Fire, Action Packs, Winter Offensive Packs, and even a Critical Hit Hero Pax.... His work is often known to be Big, Meaty, and full of toys...

So what is the best, most memorable offering you've played from Chas Smith?

List attached from the ASL Scenario Archive....
Whoops-a-daisy there esprcorn.... I believe this list contains scenarios not only from Chas Smith, but also ones from Chas Argent. (e.g. City on the Edge).

You may need to refine your query, ;).

JT

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Whoops-a-daisy there esprcorn.... I believe this list contains scenarios not only from Chas Smith, but also ones from Chas Argent. (e.g. City on the Edge).

You may need to refine your query, ;).

JT
Hmmm, there do seem to be limitations in the search criteria in the Scenario Archive... Please ignore any scenarios by Chas Argent included in the list... ;)

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
This is trivial: Flying Turrets, and although I haven't mentioned it before, it's the best scenario by a lot of other scenario designers who aren't Chas Smith, plus it's also the best Annual PTO content.

JR

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hueishan Docks
Klein Stalingrad
Panzer Graveyard

and the list could go on and on....

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Whddya want to play Chas?

---Anything as long as its big!!!

The Onslaught to Orsha CG is his finest work I think. But Firestorm in St Manivieu, Heuishan Docks, Battlegroup Nor-Mons & Cactus Farm are the scenarios I enjoyed the most.

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Silesian Interlude is a great tourney scenario.

Slaughterhouse is a great beastie scenario.

Tom

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have an opinion, I just don't know what it is yet... there are so many good ones that I'm mulling...

(MZ is super fun though)

JT

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You mean ITR-3 "Tough as Nails"? I am about to play that one.

von Marwitz
It appears there is an old Tom Morin scenario from On All Fronts called Nail Factory using (I think) a custom map... Set in Stalingrad... Still probably not the one he was referring to!

Paolo Cariolato

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
In my 426 list of played scenarios the maximum vote went to 3 and 2 of these they are Chas Smith designs:

- BTB8 Steel Inferno;
- ITR4 Clash at Ponyri;