Round 2: A Taste of War Tournament

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Round 2 is coming up soon. This round will have a decidedly different flavor than the last battle. That one saw two very nearly identical forces pitted against each other in a meeting engagement where major rivers channeled the flow of battle and broke up the action due to the limited number of bridges. This scenario will also be purely hypothetical, but there will be a definite attacker and defender -- that will be obvious from the start!

Just like Round 1, sides and opponents will be by random selection, although no one should be playing the same opponent again.

This battle will be somewhat larger and more complex than the first one and both players will be challenged to meet their goals. Internal playtests to date indicate that this one can get tricky fast, so both players will really need to make maximum use of all their available assets.

And yes it is true, this one is in the desert...

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
One additional note: just as in the Round 1 battle, both players will have fairly stingy limits on the number of available NAIs. This forces both sides to actively use recon and MI assets instead of simply plotting NAIs all over the map. Lack of information will kill you quickly!

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Special rules for this round.

• Scenario is 20 turns long.
  • Iraqi Forces may not reposition prior to scenario start.
  • US forces may reposition within 5 kilometers of their current position, but no US forces may move further north.
All players need to upgrade to the latest version of DA prior to starting this round. Latest version is June 05.
This scenario is large and complex and will likely take a while to complete. We will extend the tournament deadline as long as we need to. No rush.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Round 2 is now ready (see above post for guidelines). The name of the scenario is A Swirling Melee and can be downloaded here: http://www.warfarehq.com/archives/showthread.php?t=740

All the files are included in a single .zip file.

Gary, IntelGuy, Mompariglia, and pmaidhof will be playing BLUE. See the tournament page to see who your opponents is for this round.

http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/forums/wfhq-ld-tourney-details.php?id=30#rounds

I am moving out of my house today and tomorrow and will be out of contact for a week or so.

IntelGuy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Exam preparations force me to delay the start of the game. I should be ready in about a week. Sorry for the delay :eek:

John Osborne

Reaction score
Gary said:
I've sent of my intel turn to John.

Gary
Yes, received turn 0 from Gary, will send my turn today.

Don, nice map and scenario. One point, can I someday be a good guy instead of a bad guy :)

JohnO

pmaidhof

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian "Scully" and I will be starting monday or so. He has been away this past week.

Mompariglia

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Turn 0 sent to Rob. I also communicate that I will not be able to play round 3, as august 6th I'll leave for a long journey :cool: . I hope that twenty days will be enough to find somebody to replace me.
M

Rob Carpenter

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Underway, yes a nice scenario... where is my staff to help me manage a whole frikin ARMY!!!! :D :devil:

Cheers

Rob

Scully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys,

My computer is down and beyond my feeble ability to fix. So I'll be taking it to Micro Center tonight to have a professional look at it.

Once I get this fixed, I'll be able to start round two...hopefully soon.

Brian

Scully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, the computer is up and running again so I just sent the first turn of this monster back to Pete. This looks like it'll be a good one.

Brian

pmaidhof

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scully and I are still at it.

Brian, I'll have my turn to you tomorrow (saturday)afternoon.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Was the scenario for this round too large, or are you enjoying the challenge?

pmaidhof

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don Maddox said:
Was the scenario for this round too large, or are you enjoying the challenge?
Brian and I made it to Turn 8 but have both come to problem with DA simply locking up mid-turn. Brian experienced it with my T8, I experienced with his Turn 8. He re-ran my T8 but experienced the problem again. Our plan is for me to re-run his T7 to see if we can move forward from there. :(

Will advise this thread with what we end up with.