Rome: Total War Demo is out! Woot!!!

Cheetah772

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello,

Good news to all Total War fans out there! Rome: Total War Demo is out right now! I'm downloading it as I'm typing this post! Hehe. I will let you all know how it is and especially what graphics is like....

Dan

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
Cheetah772 said:
Hello,

Good news to all Total War fans out there! Rome: Total War Demo is out right now! I'm downloading it as I'm typing this post! Hehe. I will let you all know how it is and especially what graphics is like....

Dan
Do you have a link to it? I wanna it I wanna it bad:love:

Cheetah772

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello,

I can't post a link, because it belongs to a private forum, of which I am a member. I am not allowed to post this link outside of this private forum, because it would mean its bandwidth will get raped by everybody here.

However, I do have screenshots for you all to enjoy. These are not mine, they are taken by two different posters. I wish to extend my thanks to Megoblks and Sworen.

Don't worry, I will post some of my own screenshots, once I'm done with the demo. Hehe....

Lt. Dan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
whoever has played the demo, can you post your thoughts and impressions of the game?

Wolfe Tone

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Asked the girl in the ''Game'' shop in town today when it will be on sale and she said 24 September.
They had a couple of demo covers on the shelves with ''Order Now'' on them.

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I tried the demo and at least on my computer it won't run properly (1GHz Duron, 512MB RAM, GeFore4200 TI), on 800x600 its basically impossible to identify anything and on 1280x1024 it looks good but runs at 2 FPS :/

I don't want to talk to much about the gameplay becaus after playing the tutorial and the only demo mission I decided that ancient battles are not my thing and deinstalled again :)

Cheetah772

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello,

For the record, you can get a small demo mod at Gamespot that will let you play as Romans in the demo.

What do I think of the game? Well, First of all, let me be a bit more critical of this game. The inferface wasn't like what I expected from Total War series. The cursor moved too slowly and you can't right-click on a unit to bring up an advanced menu. You can no longer select different formations other than a loose or a tight one. It is much harder to control the camera.

Now, let's move on to more positive sides of the game. The graphics look awesome, it's much more detailed than what you'd see in previous Total War series. The trees are much larger and more lifelike. The terrain looks very real and the model is done nicely. The units are 3D, they are no longer 2D sprites like in previous Total War series. If you turn off snychorization of animations, they look much better when you view them on the battlefield. The only gripe I have with animations is that they all look alike no matter what side you take or unit you have. The faces are all same, but I suppose it's done to reduce strain on computering resources and allow the game to be run on low-end computers.

The review on gameplay and units will be continued....

Watch out for more to come!

Dan

Raven

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Well as Amazon.UK and Game have now the release date listed as "October 1" looks like its been pushed back by a week :mad:

Raven