ROAR, a few questions

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
first of all I LOVE Roar and believe it's a precious resurce. That said after my super long break I have restarted ASL and to record all my playings.

There are a few questions, I don't know if it's the right place where to ask, but however...

Is it still run by the same person? is he alone?
Any chance to have in future a "meta-index" with just all the production in aphabetical order by title (not the scenarios) so if you clic on the title it automatically teleports you to the page where all scenarios in that production are listed individually?

There are so many productions that it's hard to search the module/product just scrolling the list. In fact are years that I use the search "by name" of the scenario (and works fine). But a meta-index of all products including just the titles linked with the list of scenarios could help. A mini pic of the cover would make it perfect...

These are questions I would have made years ago, but one things or another, I waited till today!

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
first of all I LOVE Roar and believe it's a precious resurce. That said after my super long break I have restarted ASL and to record all my playings.

There are a few questions, I don't know if it's the right place where to ask, but however...

Is it still run by the same person? is he alone?
Any chance to have in future a "meta-index" with just all the production in aphabetical order by title (not the scenarios) so if you clic on the title it automatically teleports you to the page where all scenarios in that production are listed individually?

There are so many productions that it's hard to search the module/product just scrolling the list. In fact are years that I use the search "by name" of the scenario (and works fine). But a meta-index of all products including just the titles linked with the list of scenarios could help. A mini pic of the cover would make it perfect...

These are questions I would have made years ago, but one things or another, I waited till today!
He is here on Discord. https://discord.gg/3dguVK5
@jrv is his handle

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Kinda would be nice to be able to "menu" items by the ones you own...

easy enough to find shtuff though...
Too bad Player Rating was never integrated.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
To find a title, I use the search function (ctrl-f).
It works well.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
@ecz , you can also start a thread on Board Game Geek in the ASL topic about ROAR. JR frequents there often. I asked for an improvement once many years ago. I never received a reply, nor was my request fulfilled. OTOH, new scenario additions from users like us are usually processed in a timely manner.

Reactions: ecz

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
To find a title, I use the search function (ctrl-f).
It works well.
thanks for the input but to find a title there's the "record by name" function that works pretty well. I ask instead a quick way to search for example all SK scenarios that aren't at the S as expected, and neither at the bottom of the official ASL/MMP production, but are somewhere between the ASL on the Internet pack and a half unknown ( to me) aslopensource.unblog.fr

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
@ecz , you can also start a thread on Board Game Geek in the ASL topic about ROAR. JR frequents there often. I asked for an improvement once many years ago. I never received a reply, nor was my request fulfilled. OTOH, new scenario additions from users like us are usually processed in a timely manner.
thanks at least I'm not alone ... :)

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Would the ASL scenario archive site be a complementary way to make a detailed search?

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Yes.

You can go to Publications and see exactly what you are asking for - a listing of all publications. You can then click on one of those, and it will take you to a list showing all scenarios in that publication. Scenario Archive also shows ROAR results.