Roads and Rivers

hueglin

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Can you criss-cross roads when making terrain, or do you need to stop when you hit another road and start a new road on the other side?

Same question for river/streams?

I know it says somewhere that you shouldn't draw one terrain type over the other, but what about in this case when it is the same terrain type?

TDR

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Can you criss-cross roads when making terrain, or do you need to stop when you hit another road and start a new road on the other side?

Same question for river/streams?
No.

I know it says somewhere that you shouldn't draw one terrain type over the other, but what about in this case when it is the same terrain type?
Though the situation represents 2 of the same type from your perspective, it is still 2 distinct terrain types from the game's engine's perspective, which will be combined to make a "new" terrain value at the point/zone of doubling up the terrain type.

So to avoid possible odd behaviour don't cross terrain types even if they are the same. Also make sure there is no gap between them.

TDR

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Should add that Pat or Curt would be able to provide a better explanation/correction than me.

TDR

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia