Roadblocks - is this legal?

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The B29 rules would seem to allow the setup used in the first two images (the 2nd is the same just using vasl overlays for clarity) for those situations where you can't find the "classic" one hexside roadblock depicted in the 3rd image.

True or False?

(of course you have to have two roadblock counters in the OB)
13976 13977 13978

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
B29.1:
"...with the roadblock’s arrow pointing to the road—or runway—hexside obstructed. "

The roadblock with its arrow pointing towards I2 does not fulfill the above requirement.

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bummer! Thought I had found a way to overcome the unrealistic limitations on roadblock placement. But thanks.

Russ Isaia

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What's unrealistic about a roadblock that can only block roads?
What's unrealistic is that a roadblock can't block a non-road hexside even when it connects to a road hexside that is blocked, just as a roadblock does block part of neighboring hexes to an obstacle (a building or woods). As a result, placement is often unrealistic, as the example of the OP shows, where you have a roadblock built one hex down the road from the junction when in reality you might want the roadblock to be one hex closer to prevent bypass between J2 and K2.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I would image it would take quite a bit of stuff/time to create a 40-m-something long "roadblock" (i.e., along two hexsides) that would actually stop a tank. That sounds more like an A-T Ditch/Dragoons-Tooth to me.

One has to keep in mind that the terrain in ASL is abstracted.

Russ Isaia

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would image it would take quite a bit of stuff/time to create a 40-m-something long "roadblock" (i.e., along two hexsides) that would actually stop a tank. That sounds more like an A-T Ditch/Dragoons-Tooth to me.

One has to keep in mind that the terrain in ASL is abstracted.
Only twice the effort of a one hexside roadblock. An amount of effort and material exactly represented by two counters! But point taken.