RO1 Blood On The Tracks

Jacksons

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My spider senses are leading me to believe this scenario is not a good Albany candidate... :unsure:
Steve
Alan Saltzman and I played this at ASLOK for an open game.
I was the German and Alan had played it before so he had a good set up with the wire and mines. Even with the change in VC to give german an either/or VC it is not enough against a good Russian Defender. I lost narrowly as alan crept up Russians on the German left flank. to get in the VC area. The german has to split his forces early to be able to prevent forces from creeping into or running into the VC area on the last turn. Alan had a very effective wire/Mine/ fortified loc on the German right flank that took some time to get through. There are just too many Russians in my opinion and it is not a scenario that I would want to play again.

Stan

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Alan Saltzman and I played this at ASLOK for an open game.
I was the German and Alan had played it before so he had a good set up with the wire and mines. Even with the change in VC to give german an either/or VC it is not enough against a good Russian Defender. I lost narrowly as alan crept up Russians on the German left flank. to get in the VC area. The german has to split his forces early to be able to prevent forces from creeping into or running into the VC area on the last turn. Alan had a very effective wire/Mine/ fortified loc on the German right flank that took some time to get through. There are just too many Russians in my opinion and it is not a scenario that I would want to play again.

Stan
You can also use the trenches to get into the cellars of the VC bldg from the factory or the multi-hex bldg to the rear of it; Add to this fortifying the VC structures and it's an almost foregone conclusion the Russians can hold out. Serious balance issues for sure.