RO CG I Started

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
If you immediately draw 2 red the OBA is saved for next time.

You don't "loose"it.

The German's are in a good position especially in the north. Beware Russian Katyushia.

Hopefully you have played RB enough to:

Know how to take a factory.

Always consider somewhere to ENCIRCLE and isolate Russian forces. These can then be considered " bagged" enemy forces as they
will not be able to move.

This is very hard to do in RB but this map offers more scope.

Tip:- German Use OBA barrage to isolate the area from reinforcements & so that DM units cannot escape through friendly lines.

Den589

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you immediately draw 2 red the OBA is saved for next time.

You don't "loose"it.

The German's are in a good position especially in the north. Beware Russian Katyushia.

Hopefully you have played RB enough to:

Know how to take a factory.

Always consider somewhere to ENCIRCLE and isolate Russian forces. These can then be considered " bagged" enemy forces as they
will not be able to move.

This is very hard to do in RB but this map offers more scope.

Tip:- German Use OBA barrage to isolate the area from reinforcements & so that DM units cannot escape through friendly lines.
I had gotten off one useless fire mission in a desperate attempt to kill some German's in the open including a StugB. It drifted in the worst direction possible and I followed it with the 2nd red draw.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm assuming that it hasn't changed in RF but th big th8ngbsbout isolating units is the leaders MUST attempt to escape.

11.6061 EFFECT ON UNITS: 23 In a type B Isolated Area each enclosed SMC mustattempt to Escape (11.6063). In a type C Isolated Area each enemy SMC mustattempt to Escape. In a type C/D Isolated Area each unit/Weapon enclosed begins the next scenario with Ammunition Shortage (A19.131) [EXC: Escaped (11.6063); Eliminated (11.6094-.6095, 11.610, 11.6132 and 11.6134-.6136)]. The ID of some may need to be recorded to distinguish them from others not suffering the same penalties. See 11.6242 for setup restrictions in Isolated Areas.

This,means you can be left with a lot of squads but no leaders to rally them...

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I'm assuming that it hasn't changed in RF but th big th8ngbsbout isolating units is the leaders MUST attempt to escape.

11.6061 EFFECT ON UNITS: 23 In a type B Isolated Area each enclosed SMC mustattempt to Escape (11.6063). In a type C Isolated Area each enemy SMC mustattempt to Escape. In a type C/D Isolated Area each unit/Weapon enclosed begins the next scenario with Ammunition Shortage (A19.131) [EXC: Escaped (11.6063); Eliminated (11.6094-.6095, 11.610, 11.6132 and 11.6134-.6136)]. The ID of some may need to be recorded to distinguish them from others not suffering the same penalties. See 11.6242 for setup restrictions in Isolated Areas.

This,means you can be left with a lot of squads but no leaders to rally them...
A type B isolated area has only SMC (possibly of both sides), so no MMC will be left without leaders.

A type C isolated area has friendly MMC, possibly friendly SMC, and possibly enemy SMC. The enemy SMC must escape but the friendly ones are not required to. The (friendly) MMC will not be left without (friendly) SMC unless they didn't have any to begin with, or those they did have voluntarily escaped.

JR

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
My point was that there would be an area where the enemy:

would be in a known area thus "let target practice begin" ( looking for units that DO NOT escape)
would be under low ammo ( ?)
an area highly desirable for pre des OBA ( at least 100mm)

The only time this could be considered "worthwhile" for the Russians is in
high density sewer areas where there could be something of a counter attack.

I would be interested to hear what would "occur" if say a large factory was encircled via perimeter determination

* VVV *

Here we are looking at "the next day" , but presumably NO reinforcements could set up in such an area.

Are you getting my drift ??

:))