RO CG I question (Initial scenario Rockets)

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys,
In RO CG I the Germans get rockets... they don't come with an observer or pre-reg or anything right? I didn't miss anything?

If so I assume I can guy an observer and pre-reg for it?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
IIRC, you can only buy Pre-registered hexes for OBA RG, not those in the initial OB.

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
IIRC, you can only buy Pre-registered hexes for OBA RG, not those in the initial OB.
Klas, I can see how it might read that way but than by the same logic that given rocket module wouldn't even get the "free" radio right???

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Klas, I can see how it might read that way but than by the same logic that given rocket module wouldn't even get the "free" radio right???
I think you get one by SSR CG6. But pre-reg is specifically only when buying an OBA RG.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You need to give one of your leaders a radio to call in the rockets.

Guys,
In RO CG I the Germans get rockets... they don't come with an observer or pre-reg or anything right? I didn't miss anything?

If so I assume I can guy an observer and pre-reg for it?

Den589

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm going to be Steve's opponent in this and even though it benefits me, without a pre-reg those rockets if anything will hamper the German. All I see as a result of letting those rockets fly, is a lot of fires and rubble that is going to slow him down, especially if they land in some of those wooden buildings or temporary warehouses in front of the factories.

I concede that strict reading of the purchase chart says at time of purchase, but that seems harsh on the German, although with 70+ squads vs 30-40 squads to start, the German should be happy anyways!!!!! So on second thought, Steve no pre-reg for you!!!!!! Thanks Klas and Scott!

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Rockets should be used in mid game and once u get your radio dude in the upper levels, unleash the rockets in the L18 area, this is where the Russians will try to make a stand on the initial day. The Russians should buy MOL so as to try and burn stuff down since they can not kindle anymore.