Rising Sun pre-order

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Only 57 more preorders needed. C'mon, preorder a copy for that special woman (or man, not being judgmental here) in your life. You'll feel good and she'll/he'll feel good too.

jyoung

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I bought Code of Bushido and Gung Ho when they first came out, so I have all the OB, yet I love the newer counters (I admit I have fallen prey to the counter-clipping fetish, and now I really dislike the older ones with the side-sprues).
Pros: shiny new counters and the G-T map
Cons: big (big) cost of shipping to Australia, plus do I really need them now that I am playing much more via VASL?

Need and want are two different things though... still undecided, help decide me! Actually it's more like help justify a decision that I've already half-made ;)

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I bought Code of Bushido and Gung Ho when they first came out, so I have all the OB, yet I love the newer counters (I admit I have fallen prey to the counter-clipping fetish, and now I really dislike the older ones with the side-sprues).
Pros: shiny new counters and the G-T map
Cons: big (big) cost of shipping to Australia, plus do I really need them now that I am playing much more via VASL?

Need and want are two different things though... still undecided, help decide me! Actually it's more like help justify a decision that I've already half-made ;)
Well your first misstep was clipping your counters. I can't speak for Capt. Sakana but Capt. Dao can't afford to lose anymore of his counter.🙄😉🤣☹😔🤣🤣

If you don't mind eating the shipping costs I'd say go for it. Especially if you can combine your order with some other Aussies to reduce shipping.

The time to buy it is when you see it. Treat yourself, it hasn't been the best of times, or the worst either but WTF.

A good case can be made for just sticking with VASL but it's not something you can hold, fondle, caress or gaze longingly at!🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰😉😉

If nothing else just buy it, don't open it ☹ and sell it down the line. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

jyoung

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Well your first misstep was clipping your counters.
:D

The time to buy it is when you see it. Treat yourself, it hasn't been the best of times, or the worst either but WTF.
A good case can be made for just sticking with VASL but it's not something you can hold, fondle, caress or gaze longingly at!
Damn, you're good - almost like you've done this before! :D

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
:D

Damn, you're good - almost like you've done this before! :D
Never had to buy after Beyond Valor. I won The General magazine's Games For Life contest. I can put myself in your situation though.😉😉😉🤔

Although there was a Phi Zappa Crappa poster I put off buying for a week back in '75. 'Nuff said? The time to buy it.......

Last edited:

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Only 55 preorders left to go. Buy a copy for each of your (future) grandkids so they won't miss out!

Yes, I have Gung Ho! and Code of Bushido, but the old counters just don't compare to the latest from MMP and are DEFINITELY easier for my old eyes to read.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Down to 45 preorders needed!

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
39 preorders to go! Less than an MLB 40-man roster!

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
'33' preorders left! Drink a "Rolling Rock" in celebration and then go order another copy.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
500 preorders, only 25 to go!