Rise of Isengard = Turbine Points

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They FINALLY posted the base cost in TP's.

Official Discussion: Isengard LOTRO Store availability and Turbine Point Cost
We know you’ve been waiting for information on when the Rise of Isengard Expansion will be available in the LOTRO Store and what the cost will be. We’re happy to announce that you will be able to purchase and experience Isengard on DAY ONE by purchasing its components from the LOTRO Store using Turbine Points.

The break down below shows you what features will cost and when they will be available. Please be aware that the store doesn’t allow for a ‘pre-purchase’ option so the Expansion instances cannot actually be purchased until they are released as part of Update 5. This is also why they’re not included in any of the bundles listed below.

Isengard Expansion Quests
Available in the LOTRO Store September 27 (Isengard Launch) for 3250 Turbine Points
Over 375 Quests and more than 40 Deeds for characters level 66-75 in the following regions

•Dunland -- Adventure amidst the bright forests in the foothills of the southern Misty Mountains. Beware the Dunland Clans, rugged warriors tempted by the dark promise of power.
•Gap of Rohan -- Battle over the legendary pass between Eriador and the plane of Rohan. This key strategic point must be defended against the ambitions of Sauron.
•Isengard -- Explore Orthanc, one of the iconic Two Towers as it rises over the once beautiful Isengard valley. The once beautiful vale now desecrated beyond imagination by the Wizard Saruman the betrayer.

Raid: Draigoch’s Lair
Available in the LOTRO Store September 27 (Isengard Launch) for 1250 Turbine Points

•Face the ancient evil of Draigoch, one of the most powerful creatures in Middle-earth! Prepare for the ultimate challenge where nothing less than the strength of an entire force of 24 heroes stands the chance of victory

Derudh’s Stone
Available in the LOTRO Store September 27 (Isengard Launch) for 995 Turbine Points
A permanent pocket item that grants +25% XP on Monster Kills when equipped. This item binds to the purchasing character. Usable by characters level 1-64.

Expansion Instances
Available with Update 5, currently slated for December, for 1495 Turbine Points

•One 12-player instance
•One 6-player instance
•Three 3-player instances

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?418174-Official-Discussion-Isengard-LOTRO-Store-availability-and-Turbine-Point-Cost

I did like this player post roght below the official one:

..which puts the total cost of the expansion, excluding the preorder pocket item, to 5995 Turbine points.Wow. So much for VIPs saving up their points.

And this one on p22

Let me do the math, mainly for myself. I am old and tired

Normal TP price is 5000 for 50$. Thats 100 per $, and that means that you have to pay 60$ for ROI + the instance updates.

I think thats a bit over the top, compared to the basic ROI preorder thats 30$. I agree that buying shortly _after_ release should not be cheaper than preorder, and may be a bit more expensive. But I think that 40$ or so would do. 60$ is over the top.

Now, lets compare it to what I did. I bought me a TP pack with that bonus boost. 6900 TP for 50$. Thats 138 TP per $. With that, the 6000 TP for ROI + instances cost 43.5$. Thats ok, for me. Thanks, Sapience, for giving the facts (always better to keep your business partners informed) - I think I will preorder the basic pack now, and keep the precious TP for buying some con.. sry, advantage.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?418174-Official-Discussion-Isengard-LOTRO-Store-availability-and-Turbine-Point-Cost/page22

$50 in TP's for RoI is a steep price when you can BUY IT for $30 cash... although I do have 3x that in "free TPs" Turbine has "given" me. Hmmm to shell out $50 worth of Free TPs or buy it for $30 & keep my TP's... now if there anything I actually wanted from the store.

View attachment 34226

edit- I guess you could just buy two small TP packages for $38 but thats still more than the $30 pre-order.

Btw- hey Redwolf, I bet you can't wait to get that "Derudh’s Stone" in your pocket!!! Just think, racing through the content 25% faster!!!
:nuts:

Last edited:

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Btw- hey Redwolf, I bet you can't wait to get that "Derudh’s Stone" in your pocket!!! Just think, racing through the content 25% faster!!!
:nuts:
I actually use it to make Moria more bearable :p

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Has anyone bought RoI yet or going to buy it with TP's Tuesday?

I only have one lvl 65 currently in Endewaith, the other lvl 65's I'm slowly trying to finish up the Epics with. Although, I'm getting caught up in doing side quests with them to level their Legendary Items plus some of the quest lines are just fun & challenging to redo.

We're in no hurry to get RoI and will wait for the rush to get over before DL'ding it.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I bought the ROI package, mainly because I wanted the 25% XP gain thing for Moria. And because I estimate that buying it for points will be made very painful, so that by the next expansion people have learned their lesson and spend cash.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They did make paying by TP's more expensive than paying with cash (devious dealings there); the difference was $30 in cash or $50 in TP's more or less.

But considering all the TP's that Turbine gave me were free I'll be tossing some of them back to them; @ 1/4th of them.

Some of Moria was fun but getting out into the sky of Lothlorien was better.
I enjoyed the grittier parts of Moria, the ostentatious sections of gigantic everything was overkill. Too many tunnels are 100’ wide & 300’ tall when instead they should have been 4’ wide, 5’ tall and claustrophobic.
:bite:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Apparently ROI is now live.

You can tell because all the servers crashed and no one can log on.

I refused to preorder because the preorder deal was useless to me. All they offered was ways to accelerate even faster through the levels, and dumb bonus "titles" that advertised the fact you have a credit card in the real world. I didn't see the point of that.

Welcome to Isengard!
Sep 26, 2011 18:37 EST Rise of Isengard, the newest expansion to The Lord of the Rings Online is now live on our servers! Enjoy the game! Please review the release notes to see what's changed.

Exceptionally High Volume
Sep 26, 2011 20:17 EST Due to high demand players may experience long wait times or connectivity issues while patching or logging into the game. We are working to increase performance and will continue to do so as needed. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
On the plus side, going through the release notes as the thing updates:

■The progress bar UI element can no longer be lost behind the myriad of quickslots.
They finally(!) fixed this.... :)

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was logged in earlier. As expected I have seen no offensive code changes. Some classes like the Mini have lots of changes and I'll have a look. The changes don't seem to be intended to push for the shop. Crafting looks normal. The shop is much faster and looks like the 13 year old intern UI designer has been upgraded to a 17 year old.

Crap infrastructure. Lots of forum censoring but still less aggressive than before.

Overall what I was hoping for, an update that does more for the user than the shop. I don't do PvP so what do I care what they offer in the shop for them.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All I've done is click the icon to get the new patch downloaded and didn't bother to try and log in. The first day of anything is usually a mess; I'll wait a bit before trying to actualy get into the game.

I have a 45th lvl Mini so it will be interesting to see what has changed with that class.