Rikkis old Tacops site

Brock

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Dusted off Tacops after many years and thought I would give it a whirl again, just as good as it ever was, dont know why I stopped playing it..

But, What happened to that great site which had all the maps and scenarios? Rikki Tikki, something?

...anyone know?

..Well doesnt look like anyone has even been in this forum for a while so I will wait patiently, and play a bit of Tacops to kill some time!!

sandersan

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llChina
I play TacOps! Considering there are few pc wargames about modern tactical warfare, some of people in our group are still playing the games which are already discontinued, such as TacOps, POA2, and especially the Harpoon series! BTW, we are all frustrated about the fact that there are few pc games, nor board games(compared to games based on other time period, mainly about ww1&2) about modern conflicts. Moreover, the only such games are nearly all discontinued.

You're welcome to play with us by email! However, because we are all players in PRC, there must be some difficulties when contact between you and us. Contact me if you wish to play with us! Email: sandersan@163.com

Brock

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
You're welcome to play with us by email! However, because we are all players in PRC, there must be some difficulties when contact between you and us. Contact me if you wish to play with us! Email: sandersan@163.com
Many thanks, Harpoon, another great game and I am sure I have that around somewhere too, must try and find it. i will email you about a game.

sandersan

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llChina
Maybe you could start a group on facebook or some other sites, to gathering the only players who still play these pc tactical wargames! I'm in the Wargamers, Naval Wargaming and some other groups on facebook. The people there, however, tend to talk about the board games more. Although I also play board games, I also do think starting a new group on pc wargames would be better!(But I do not think there will be many people in a short time unless you invite many of your friends in)

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The actual maps aren't there but the semi-secret ML will have them ;)

Brock

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Thats the place I remember, happy times, thanks for reminding me! As far as I can see all the maps made it onto the latest version of the game so nothing has been lost apart from the user made scenarios.

Rikki,
If you are reading this, thanks for a great site and for all that hard work over all those years.:cool: