Riccitiello says Warhammer won't be a WoW killer

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
To be honest - I think WoW will go in one of two ways - Blizz's next-gen-MMO that they are hiring for releases and replaces WoW, or so much time goes by that it's simply mega-dated (akin to comparing Runescape to WoW now).

The investment, both in time and money, is very hard to leave behind. Most gamers seem to require very compelling reasons to do so.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"War" may not be the death of "WoW" just time itself.
Look at this WoW forum, it's been dead for almost 3 months without a single post. Why is that?

Of 10 people I know personally that played WoW six months ago only 4 still do today: 3 moved on to LotRO (including me) 1 to AoC & 2 just quit.

Time marches on and no matter how good something is people get interested in something else or just bored with the "same" thing and look for the next new thing to entertain them.

All good things must come to an end which is especially true in the computer gaming business.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I take that back- with not one reply in 4 days from one of the larger guilds (used to be) WoW is dead.

Long Live Lord of the Rings! :D

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Nope, Wow is not dead. It is alive and well. All of the core group (excepting a few, and we have new additions) are playing as much as ever. DethNet is what is dead.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A good example - I have a semi-geared 70 gnome lock on a different server (complete with epic flying, all epic gems, etc). Shankk has a 70 gnome warrior... Sloko is now a 70 Draenei Shammy... Klr has an assortment of characters there, and his brother-in-law, best friend, one of their close friends, etc, are all pretty much 70s as well...

Better to say our focuse has shifted. We have a very small, incredibly tight guild there. DethNet was an incredible success - but also an epic failure in some ways. This is what we have after learning some hard lessons.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
And, to be honest - DethNet is ambling along as well. Still has over a dozen 70s (and a couple hundred members). Just it's core membership (us) are no longer active, so 99% of the people there have heard nothing much from us, including any activity or reports about the forums.