Revised Two Weeks in Normandy

John Osborne

Reaction score
I don't think he will mine :D

Should I keep asking questions or should I wait until my group is formed and then I can ask the questions to them in the proper thread on how to Play TOAW III during the Workshop? I'm with the Axis group.

John

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
John Osborne said:
I don't think he will mine :D

Should I keep asking questions or should I wait until my group is formed and then I can ask the questions to them in the proper thread on how to Play TOAW III during the Workshop? I'm with the Axis group.

John
No problem with that, John. Just ask, i think that more scenario specific questions will follow in the axis thread, ask anything you need to know, and once started you can also ask questions on specific tactics etc. (with screenies and so on..). OB West (General staff) and your fellow commanders will help you, don't be afraid.

Stefan

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Has anyone tried Jam's modified scenario yet? Specifically I am interested in the max 3 rounds per turn feature, how does it work and play out?

General Staff

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
John Osborne said:
Should I keep asking questions or should I wait until my group is formed and then I can ask the questions to them in the proper thread on how to Play TOAW III during the Workshop?
If it's specific to 2WIN and the tourney, I'd post there. If it's more general as to mechanics or strategy and tactics I'd post in the main forum, if only because other players not in the tourney can benefit from the Q and any replies.

Hope this helps.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I sincerly apologize for going away without posting the german screener...My bad. I went away to see family for a few days, and then saw Dicke asking for the screener and here it is.
http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=twoweeksinnormandy1944mrpb3ger.jpg

EDIT: As you can see, the only real resistance left at this point is the ?6th FJ Regt? around Carentan, and the 21st Panzer Division around Caen.

Becker

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
Whats up with the air force? Uber elite? My troops rout when they see an allied plane?

Joss

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dicke Bertha said:
Has anyone tried Jam's modified scenario yet? Specifically I am interested in the max 3 rounds per turn feature, how does it work and play out?

I can't seem to get more than one round playing either side.....

Joss

General Staff

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Joss said:
I can't seem to get more than one round playing either side...
Read up on combat rounds and how they work. It's basically a 10% system. If you're throwing a unit into an attack that's only got 1 of 10 MPs remaining when everyone else is going in to the same attack with 9 out of 10 MPs remaining, your turn will end (there are some exceptions- shock). It's a difficult concept to grasp at first.

Check http://www.warfarehq.com/index.php?page=articles/toaw_articles/toaw_combat_phases.shtml

It's TOAW but probably still valid. Steve Knowlton's article I think also discusses.

Hope it helps.

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Make sure to download the revision of the scenario by JAMIAM - half-way down on the first page of this thread. It adjusts maximum rounds of battle per turn to three and that should also alleviate, to a certain extent, run-on attack turn-burn.

It is also very important to observe Formation Coordination Support Levels, will cover this at greater length separately. The battalions of each regiment will cooperate together with each other and divisional support elements (armor, artillery, engineers, recon, etc.) but will coordinate at a penalty when making attacks with battalions from other regiments. Penalties include reduced effectiveness and greater potential for turn-burn.

The Allied Air Force is at 40% proficiency (for all units, maybe a few minor exceptions).

Currently, units suffering "retreats" either from combat or interdiction, run a higher than typical risk of being routed or sent into reorg, which may be addressed in the near future, something I'm waiting to hear more about before getting into the full swing of things. This would happen in earlier versions, too - just in TOAW III, it seems somewhat more pronounced and I would suspect owing to unit quality checks.

In the Axis forum we will discuss countermeasures for interdiction.

BTW...can someone on the Axis team try to access the Allied Forum and vice versa - want to check to see if the restricted access has been implemented. No major hurry either way, except that some discussions can begin sooner if they are....

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Dabbs,

I am Axis, and I just checked into the Axis sub-forum, and cannot check into the Allied sub-forum. Seems the secrecy has been implemented.

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Veers said:
Dabbs,

I am Axis, and I just checked into the Axis sub-forum, and cannot check into the Allied sub-forum. Seems the secrecy has been implemented.
I don't even see a allied subforum! :surprise: Is this intended?

John Osborne

Reaction score
What Sub-Forumed? I'm able to open both Axis and Allied threads. never mined not enough coffee this morning.

John

Last edited:

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Telumar said:
I don't even see a allied subforum! :surprise: Is this intended?
Yes, it's one of our Axis strategies. Knocking out our opponents' communications. :laugh:

John, I trust by the coffee statement that you found it. :)

John Osborne

Reaction score
Veers said:
John, I trust by the coffee statement that you found it. :)
Yes I see it, I'm still recovering from the last battle with Siberian Heat. I'm getting ready for the next battle with SH, I'm glutting for punishment :OHNO:

John

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you very much Cyber Ranger for your support - you got it set up all fancy-like, looks great and we should be good to go.

For roll-call, each player should sign into their respective team forums. We'll give this a few days to make sure everyone's on board and work out contingencies where necessary.

Thanks Veers, Telumar and John for providing a check for me.

viridomaros

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
Dicke Bertha said:
to clarify the situation, i made the same mistake myself. At first i thought the max number of rounds per turn was something to limit somewhat initiative to avoid players who master the game engine to take too much advantage of this.
but after having played the revised scenario and having read carefully what jamiam had written, it's in fact 3 rounds per battle which is very different than 3 rounds per turn. In practice it means you'll have at least 3 rounds per turn since any battle you're fighting won't last more than 3 rounds out of 10.
this means in 2winnorm the german can fire 3 times at the allied ships with their coastal batteries so eliminate those is now much more a priority than it was before. the allied can now safely attack the small german units holding the bridges on the Merderet river without having to fear to see your turn ending because of your paratroopers fighting for 8 rounds without being able to defeat the 4 german squads.
All in all a nice improvement

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hey thanks Pierre for the correction, that is indeed a very important distinction!

Anyway, I seem to remember reading about the designers being able to set the turn-burn-bias in any direction (?). I can think of some scenarios where it could actually be beneficial to reduce the number of rounds available... or have it vary during a scenario... or be event-driven, or supply driven, or... but that's another discussion, and possibly another TOAW edition.

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Dicke Bertha said:
Hey thanks Pierre for the correction, that is indeed a very important distinction!

Anyway, I seem to remember reading about the designers being able to set the turn-burn-bias in any direction (?). I can think of some scenarios where it could actually be beneficial to reduce the number of rounds available... or have it vary during a scenario... or be event-driven, or supply driven, or... but that's another discussion, and possibly another TOAW edition.
Probably in a wishlist. As it stands now in TOAW III, the Maximum Rounds Per Battle feature (MRPB, yet another cool acronym :D) is set for both forces. I agree it'd be great to have the ability to differentiate its application between forces - as you said, maybe later down the road...