Revealing HIP fortifications (2)

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A pillbox with squad is HIP and E1.16 applies (e.g. PTO in kunai). An enemy squad fires small arms through the NCA at a "potential" HIP pillbox Location. FP is not halved, and the result is a PTC (or better). Per B30.113 the TEM of a pillbox applies only to ordnance and FT attacks. Small arms fire through the NCA is "NA". Is the pillbox revealed even though the TEM has not been used?

JR

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Per the Q&A (which I wish had been answered differently :)) I think the pillbox is not revealed.

A7. & B30.
Is it allowed to fire on the IFT versus a suspected but unknown pseudo location in order to reveal a potential unknown pillbox?
With revelation only occurring should such fire be through a CA facing and achieving a PTC or better.
A. Yes to both.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I just noticed this contradicts a previous Q&A which is from the Romanowski file, I believe:

Q&A said:
A12.33 Does a Hidden Fortifications containing hidden units lose HIP if the Location containing the Hidden Fortification is subjected to an attack which would cause loss of concealment to the units if they were not protected by the Hidden Fortification's TEM, but has no effect because of the Hidden Fortification's TEM? What about a Pillbox which is subjected to such Canister fire from its NCA (B30.113)?
A. Per A12.33, once you claim TEM, the HIP status is lost from any type of Fortification. Yes, you would be claiming its protection and it would lose HIP. [Letter8]
JR