Returning to ASL

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Many reasons. Fish and I just burnt out in '95. We had played 2500+ scenarios since '82. We ran ASLOk for the first ten years. A ton of playtesting. Fish started playtesting with COD, me with GI. Lots of tournaments. AH was shutting down and Mac was leaving, he was our buddy and that was depressing. We were both gamers at the core and ASL just became too much work and not enough fun for us.

We still played different games, a lot of Play Station, but the passion for ASL was gone.These things happen. After Fish passed I didn't play any game for years and only started playing Civilization again around 2020.

ASL still had a place in our hearts and Gamesquad was where we kept in touch with that old love.
I hear you but all that is ancient history, grab some dice and set up an all infantry ASL scenario and have a ball!

Just talking about the game is OK but you get a heck of a lot more out of the game when you actually play it. I am on VASL if you ever want to get back in the hobby for real, I play 2 to 3 days a week and would love to play you sometime. VASL is an easy deal once downloaded and set up. I just hope you get your motivation back, it is OK to have warm memories of days, people and games gone by, but for me, I am not living if I'm not rolling dice with me friends on a regular basis.

Come back and play sometime, you will love it once more, Vic.

P.S. The offer for some free Dispatches stands if you want to see a sample of what we do...

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I hear you but all that is ancient history, grab some dice and set up an all infantry ASL scenario and have a ball!

Just talking about the game is OK but you get a heck of a lot more out of the game when you actually play it. I am on VASL if you ever want to get back in the hobby for real, I play 2 to 3 days a week and would love to play you sometime. VASL is an easy deal once downloaded and set up. I just hope you get your motivation back, it is OK to have warm memories of days, people and games gone by by for me, I am not living if I'm not rolling dice with me friends on a regular basis.

Come back and play sometime, you will love it once more, Vic.

P.S. The offer for some free Dispatches stands if you want to see a sample of what we do...
Thanks Vic, if the fire ever rekindles I will take you up on your offer. 🤗🥰