Returning player seeks VASL pbem opponent for "simple" ASL scenario

MagpieMartin

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hi,
Is there anyone willing to guide me through one of the simpler scenarios?
I'm picking up the pieces after a lengthy lay off - only have the original 1st edition ruleset.

Wondered about scenarios such as :-

FightingBerserk!
Guryev's Headquarters
Defiance on Hill 30
Le Manoir
Fighting Withdrawal
Tettau's Attack

or something similar : limited to squads and support weapons to start with.

I can normally do a log file per day - though no pressure on time otherwise - take it easy. Prefer someone happy to guide me through, offer suggestions etc - and tolerate my rusty strategy :)

I'm gmt+1 ( France)
email me on - martin.mackenzie@orange.fr

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am 101% certain no one uses that version any more, you'll need to get up to speed with 2nd edition.
The game can be played with the 1st edition rule set but it would certainly help if the other player had the 2nd edition rules to clarify ambiguities or omissions. MOST of the changes from 1st ed to 2nd ed were relatively minor or cleared up inconsistencies within multiple applicable rule interpretations.

MagpieMartin

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Yes, I'm sorting that - One Question - I know that the Pocket Version 2nd doesn't include Dividers - It is essential to have 2nd Edition dividers - were there any major changes to any of the PAC Tables, etc?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, I'm sorting that - One Question - I know that the Pocket Version 2nd doesn't include Dividers - It is essential to have 2nd Edition dividers - were there any major changes to any of the PAC Tables, etc?
Most/All changes can be found on the MMP website and in Klas' Q&A and Errata PDF (get the complete ed as it has all 1st & 2nd ASLRB changes) and for most of the games one can use the 1st Ed QRDCs with no problem. Again, most of the changes are small but it's always worth checking out. I for one use the 1st Ed QRDC (errata applied) almost exclusively and really only look to the 2nd ed (newer, glossier, shinny) only in rare circumstances.

The Pocket edition ASLRB is well worth the price of admission!

Berger

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Dale
Country
llUnited States
Hi,
Is there anyone willing to guide me through one of the simpler scenarios?
I'm picking up the pieces after a lengthy lay off - only have the original 1st edition ruleset.

Wondered about scenarios such as :-

FightingBerserk!
Guryev's Headquarters
Defiance on Hill 30
Le Manoir
Fighting Withdrawal
Tettau's Attack

or something similar : limited to squads and support weapons to start with.

I can normally do a log file per day - though no pressure on time otherwise - take it easy. Prefer someone happy to guide me through, offer suggestions etc - and tolerate my rusty strategy :)

I'm gmt+1 ( France)
email me on - martin.mackenzie@orange.fr
Did you find a game. I am returning to VASL and would like to play some simple scenarios first. I have the current rules and all mobiles. Also have a lot of 3rd part stuff.

MagpieMartin

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hi Berger,
I'm fully engaged at present - if you want to email me direct on martin.mackenzie@orange.fr - I can put you in my VASL opponents file for future contact ?! Maybe April onwards as I'm away most of March. Thanks for the contact,
Martin