Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Hello, everyone!

I don't know if anyone here remembers me, but if so - I'm the Polish wargamer that went a very long hard road with ASL. I've tried to change The Game - replace it with other boardgames, I've even had some interest in unofficial marriage with miniature wargames. But in the end I've realized what everyone here knows - once ASL-er, always ASL-er.

It's been very refreshing and heartwarming, when I've re-logged to the GS ASL forum. Just for You to know.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Yes, I do remember you and your sometimes ... disturbing ... posts. Welcome back!

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
It's good to be back from Manila!

My first objective is to buy again ASL SK#1 - so for now I'm overwatching MMP site.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Hello, everyone!

I don't know if anyone here remembers me, but if so - I'm the Polish wargamer that went a very long hard road with ASL. I've tried to change The Game - replace it with other boardgames, I've even had some interest in unofficial marriage with miniature wargames. But in the end I've realized what everyone here knows - once ASL-er, always ASL-er.

It's been very refreshing and heartwarming, when I've re-logged to the GS ASL forum. Just for You to know.
Welcome back!

Hopefully, you found some wisdom in the utterings aired by some here from time to time and did not sell your kit when you took your hiatus.

von Marwitz

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
I did not, though my kit wasn't large before anyway* - which is, I hope, going to change in plus anytime soon!

*That's what I've said...

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello, everyone!

Grognards never forget who was the first to fight! Welcome back.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
So, what's happened lately, in last 2-3 years? What significant have I missed? And moreover - where is Psycho? He should attack me with Roethlis' chick the minute I've posted...

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
So, what's happened lately, in last 2-3 years? What significant have I missed? And moreover - where is Psycho? He should attack me with Roethlis' chick the minute I've posted...
Psycho has gone to the dark side ... sorry, Facebook where his soul has been trapped by Russian hackers.
A few other regulars have eased off on posting and there was a meltdown or two in addition. The GS software has been upgraded a couple of times with the associated expected minor headaches, but nothing serious.

As for what came out since you were last here, I tend to buy as it comes out so am a bit vague as to the exact time.
MMP has produced a Winter Offensive each year, the last one had 4 new Delux boards. They also have had a couple of Journals around 2 years ago and an action pack. They did HP about 3 yeas ago and Forgotten War (Korea '50) a year ago. Official boards now go from 1-83 minus 77.
BFP did Poland in Flames about 2-3 years ago, Into The Rubble 2 (with 2 extra boards for a total of 4) about 2 years ago, Objective Schmidt a year ago and Corregidor a few months ago.
LFT has just released an Italian themed LFT magazine.
Lone Canuck has done a small sack full of small campaigns and scenario packs.

The last year or so has seen a fair flood of releases with more expected.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Jesus Christ, I'm drunk, but devastated... It has been a fair lot of releaaes4since my last attend at GS forums... My goal is to buy an MMP product a month, so it'll take a while, considering what You've stayed in terms of new releases...

Guys, I've missed You so much. <3

PS Is there any remote chance of getting Psycho and Robin back?

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I didn't mention the MMP re-releases, some might have come out while you were still here. Rising Sun (Code of Bushido+Gung Ho), Yanks (v2) and the latest was Armies of Oblivion (v2). I forgot Red Factories which is Red Barricades (old) + Red October (new) just this year. You will have to forgive my omissions, once I have an item, my brain dumps the information from the "releases" category, old age to blame. I would advise combining a few items to save postage.

By Robin, I assume you mean Swiftandsure (http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?members/swiftandsure.24371/), he was online a few minutes ago. Psycho does stick his nose around the door very occasionally, though not often enough, I miss his wit (though not much else ?).

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Oh oh oh, wait - does it mean that there's new revised edition of Armies of Oblivion?

PS I miss those two, too... :<

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Ok, I've buyed ASL SK #1 yesterday, #2 and #3 are fortunately safe and sound in my collection! Now I need some serious info - do You have any ideas as to where from I could buy Krylon 1311 Matte Finish (yup, still in the "spray'em all" group)?

The problem I find with buying one is that I live in Europe, so it's not easy obtain one via overseas mail - I've tried with couple of shops and they didn't ship to Poland.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Small update - I've just received my second copy of ASL SK 1 - seems though that I didn't check my games thoroughly and I've ended up having two copies! So, my plan is to give one to my friend - I'll try to sink him into the hobby, and we'll have ASL both in my and his house.

I'll try to do some game report anytime soon!