Residual vs Partially Armored Vehicle

sfcmikej

US Army Retired
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey All

I have a SdKfz 10/5 that is armored in the front but not the sides and back. I think he undergoes an attack if he enters residual. If he enters a fire lane with the armored covered arc facing the fine lane MG I think he does not get attacked. Do I have that correct?

Mike

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Index:

Partially Armored Vehicle (This unit is treated as an armored target unless specifically attacked through a non-armored Target Facing inclusive of Elevation Advantage that reduces its CE DRM to +1):

Since a regular Residual FP attack is not "specifically through a non-armored Target Facing" - I don't think it will attack the SdKfz 10/5 vehicle. Its crew, however, will be attacked, since D5.31 says:
"Non-Fire Lane Residual FP attacks receive the CE DRM that applies to the Side Target Facing."

I know some players who take this sentence in D5.31 to mean that it also determines if the vehicle is attacked as an armored or unarmored vehicle. I am not sure that is the case though, as it doesn't seem to "override" the Index definition. Not sure if any Q&A has ever been submitted on this.