RESERVE REINFORCEMENTS IN OZEREKYA BREAKOUT

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I am almost sure that i, as defender, can use reserve reinforcementes, but re- reading the paragraph says "use the principles of cloaking (E1.4)" and i go to that point in en RB "only the scenario attacker can use cloaking", maybe i am missing something but my question is that if i, as defender, can buy the reserve reinforcements; thanks in advance

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I am almost sure that i, as defender, can use reserve reinforcementes, but re- reading the paragraph says "use the principles of cloaking (E1.4)" and i go to that point in en RB "only the scenario attacker can use cloaking", maybe i am missing something but my question is that if i, as defender, can buy the reserve reinforcements; thanks in advance
The phrase "use the principles of cloaking" has been used since Red Barricades. You may be first player to have noticed that bit of confusion. That said, the word "principles" is not really well defined in the context of rules or the ASLRB, and in this case should probably be read as "mechanics", i.e. that the counter is placed on the map but the units represented by the counter are off board. Because the Reserve rule does not exclude scenario defenders or sides that are neither (in most CG scenarios, sides are neither), it grants the use of "the principles of cloaking" to sides that are not scenario attacker.

JR

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
The phrase "use the principles of cloaking" has been used since Red Barricades. You may be first player to have noticed that bit of confusion. That said, the word "principles" is not really well defined in the context of rules or the ASLRB, and in this case should probably be read as "mechanics", i.e. that the counter is placed on the map but the units represented by the counter are off board. Because the Reserve rule does not exclude scenario defenders or sides that are neither (in most CG scenarios, sides are neither), it grants the use of "the principles of cloaking" to sides that are not scenario attacker.

JR
thanks a lot