Reserve Guns Setup in Lone Canuck CGs

salisbury58

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am just about to start a Bloody Buron campaign game and am working through setup issues.

I have a question on how you setup a gun that is purchased in reserve. Is it setup HIP like any other gun or does it need a cloaking counter?

The rules state that "the side receives one Reserve Cloaking counter (i.e., a ½” “?” of any unused nationality) for each MMC that will setup as Infantry, plus one (⅝”) for each vehicle, in that RG."

The fact that it does not specifically mention guns makes me think that reserve guns can setup HIP like any other gun. However that seems to be a big tactical advantage. I can purchase a gun in reserve, saving 2 points, and place it hip near the front line hip and let it be activated when a unit comes within 3 hexes.

How have others played this?

I have another question on reserve units. At the start of the next TM, are the reserves units free to redeploy within the rules or do they stay in reserve until the conditions are met?

Thanks for any answers,
Rick

Dale m

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Your crew will "set up as infantry" so the gun they possess will be cloaked not HIP. If that crew is activated the gun would be placed concealed and (possibly) emplaced and be subject to normal concealment loss.

Not familiar with the specific CG but in all the ones I have played reserves are available for normal on- or off-map setup on subsequent CG dates.

Last edited:

Darren Kovacs

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In regards to when reserve units can redeploy.

They are placed on map concealed per D5.6 e) - Marker Removal, still cloaked units. This happens before the Redeployment portion, so they will be able to redeploy at the end of the TM scenario they were placed.

Darren

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I can't comment on the particular CG, but in many other CGs only Infantry RGs can be purchased in Reserve (e.g. in Festung Budapest FB17.6194b). The whole question of how to set up Guns in Reserve is moot in those games. If Bloody Buron follows this convention you may be asking the wrong question.

JR

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
In purple heart draw you can buy "G" units in reserve.

The guns will set up emplaced as per the recent Perry Sez regarding emplacements being automatic unless prevented. They will not be HiP as this is optional. They would be cloaked and lose concealment as per a cloaking counter.