Request for a new youtube video.

rgm84

Reaction score
Country
llChina
Greetings Gentlemen,

As a newbie, I would like to know more about surface to surface naval combat.

Thus, may you produce a video about <<air lane raiders>>?

Yours Sincerely,

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In direct response to a request for assistance from:
ORIGINAL: rgm84

Thus, may you produce a video about <<air lane raiders>>?

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?112741-Request-for-a-new-youtube-video&p=1598391&viewfull=1#post1598391
A new video for Installing ANW and HUE images has been added the YouTube Harpoon for Dummies channel to help Harpoon players navigate the complexities of the game and to deliver the best possible playing experience.

You can watch Air Lane Raiders

[video=youtube;stSF7qsRP0E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stSF7qsRP0E[/video]

Apologies in advance for the length of this video, but the request for assistance specified a detailed walk-through for this scenario. Therefore, this game was recorded in real time without the use of any pauses normally employed in the recording process to abbreviate videos.

"Harpoon for Dummies" channel * FAQ * Facebook * HarPlonkHQ

Mgellis

The Pooner (2012)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Greetings Gentlemen,

Another option...if there is any kind of mission in particular you want to practice, or any particular match-up you would like to see (e.g., Venezuela vs. Mexico), just post it here (or in a thread on Harpgamer). I enjoy writing scenarios, and if it is something relatively simple (one task force vs. another task force), I can probably put something together fairly quickly and then just post it on Harpgamer.

Mark

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I enjoy writing scenarios, and if it is something relatively simple (one task force vs. another task force), I can probably put something together fairly quickly
Be cautious of any scenario offered by someone whose personal philosophy is:

A couple of my early scenarios do have a couple of bugs, but these have been reported, and it is possible (pretty easy, in fact) to work around the two or three weapons that don't fire properly and win the scenario anyway. I left those scenarios on Harpgamer so people can experiment.
Mark openly admits that his scenarios have bugs, knows exactly which ones they are, and STILL refuses to correct any of them. Hapless players are left to, "work around the two or three weapons that don't fire properly". It is abundantly clear from his own words that no matter what problem is reported, it will never be fixed. This is the underlying attitude of HUD and the primary reason why no one plays HUD scenarios.​

RGM's a new player still trying to figure out how things work (or don't). Complicating it with database errors will probably just result in additional frustration. Arriving within range of the target and then trying to find a weapon that actually fires should not be part of the learning curve. ;)

If you have been able to successfully follow the action in Air Lane Raiders, you may be ready to try a scenario such as Matrix Siege. As the USN, you only have one frigate, one guided-missile destroyer, and two helicopters. It does not get much simpler than that. However, you are pitted against over a dozen enemy missile boats. You get to witness the sheer power of a Arleigh Burke-class AEgis destroyer. :)

Matrix Siege
hds ii giuk\m_siege.scn

[video=youtube_share;ef5y6APsNgE]http://youtu.be/ef5y6APsNgE[/video]

Last edited:

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
rgm84 and I were able to try Air Lane Raiders in MP last night with the PlayersDB. We were joined by another new player, Gabe (a.k.a. XToxicBarfX). It seems as though rgm84 learned valuable lessons from the video and did not repeat any of my sloppy mistakes. He fought hard and well to achieve his victory. Sadly, we did not record the event for posterity. We had a good post-game discussion on the tactics and strategies employed. However, we hope to have many more battles in the upcoming weeks. An excellent baptism of fire for rgm and Gabe. Welcome aboard, shipmates! :)