Republicans will refuse to proceed to put a black woman on the $20 bill - truly a party of absolute racists

Varn

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the article it quoted POTUS during his wreath laying ceremony at Jackson's grave extolling his Revolutionary service. I did a double take at that, since he was barely a teenager for the majority of the American Revolution. So today I learned he actually did do some courier service during that war, was captured, and almost died. The more you know.

Capt. Batguano

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In the article it quoted POTUS during his wreath laying ceremony at Jackson's grave extolling his Revolutionary service. I did a double take at that, since he was barely a teenager for the majority of the American Revolution. So today I learned he actually did do some courier service during that war, was captured, and almost died. The more you know.
I thought he preferred those who didn't get captured?

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I actually give the R's a pass on this. There is probably some racism involved, but probably just as much a grumpy old person rejection of any change. Though it is funny how much Jackson's popularity shoots up though when threatened to be replaced by a freed slave's image. 95% of Americans (including republicans) have no idea what Jackson did, other than some president from the old days.

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As one editorial wrote:

Some would argue there are bigger issues facing the country than who is on the $20 bill, and no doubt the administration is guilty of far more serious offenses. But symbols matter. Backpedaling on putting the first African American woman on paper money tells women and girls and people of color that they don’t — and never have — mattered.

Mr. Trump has found yet another way to show that he does not really aspire to be president of all Americans.