Reprint BtB 2, Cobra, HG 2

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
We have done these reprints without any minimum required preorders because we wanted to keep these products available.
The preorder price will be available through Sunday night. If you have been considering purchasing any or all these please take advantage of the reduced price.
Two more examples of BFP’s amazing customer service!

indy

Doc Martin

Reaction score
We have done these reprints without any minimum required preorders because we wanted to keep these products available.
The preorder price will be available through Sunday night. If you have been considering purchasing any or all these please take advantage of the reduced price.
Do you have layaway?

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, I just broke down and ordered HG2, exclusively for the maps.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We are keeping the preorder pricing going for several more days. If you have been on the fence we definitely need your support!
I can't recommend BFP products enough. Take advantage of the preorder prices and treat yourself to a nice Christmas present(s)!

PNMarkW2

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Just so I can be first (at least in reporting) at something...

...my package with all three of the 2nd Edition modules arrived in Salem Oregon. 🆒

Mark

fzmann

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Stamps.com says my package arrives in Bend, OR this Monday. Hope all the snow headed my way doesn’t cost too many MP’s or MF’s.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How are the new boards looking?

criticalhit

Reaction score
The out of print products: Beyond the Beachhead 2, BFP 2 Operation Cobra, and High Ground 2 will be reprinted.
Tentative release is several months, but will be sometime in 2022.
There will be no new content. Will be straight reprints but with scenarios and maps upgraded with our newer and better graphics, and errata incorporated.
got my order of beyond the beach head 2 and high ground 2 a few weeks ago. awesome purchase.

fzmann

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How are the new boards looking?
I like the color scheme in the BtB2 reprinted boards. The colors look nice and subdued and the artwork looks crisp.

HG2 board colors are much brighter reminiscent to me of the original SL boards. Not ever having, or seen, these boards, however, I love BFP-K Q8. I can see a 6+1 leader in that hex declaring “you shall not pass” or whatever the Gandalf declaration was (note to self: review how to overrun SMC rules).

Overall, nice reprint.

fzmann

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like the color scheme in the BtB2 reprinted boards. The colors look nice and subdued and the artwork looks crisp.

HG2 board colors are much brighter reminiscent to me of the original SL boards. Not ever having, or seen, these boards, however, I love BFP-K Q8. I can see a 6+1 leader in that hex declaring “you shall not pass” or whatever the Gandalf declaration was (note to self: review how to overrun SMC rules).

Overall, nice reprint.
And BFP-J Q6 as well.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any additional comments on the reprinted boards?

Anything to help us continue to improve future publications?

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any additional comments on the reprinted boards?

Anything to help us continue to improve future publications?
Map board colors much improved and love the new scenario layout. Definitely an improvement.

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Played BtB2 Merely Hanging On again today.

I have the 2009 edition, my opponent has the newest edition. I also have original HoB version (which I didn't check).

There is a change in the VC between your 2009 and most recent version. 2009 specifies stone buildings for VC, recent version just specifies buildings.

This is a significant change. Was this intended? I ask because I thought the recent BTB was a straight reprint and I didn't see any notice of changes on The Scenario Archive.

Jwil2020

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I recently began delving into the article on Bocage that came with my copy of Operation Cobra. This is a well-written piece that brings some much-needed clarity to the B9 wall/hedge/bocage rules. IMO, the article alone was worth the cost of the scenario pack. I highly recommend it to anyone who always wanted to dive into the Normandy hedgerows but was intimidated by the nearly six pages of ASLRB one needs to conquer.

However, I want to point out the first page under the heading "Who cannot claim WA?" Chas correctly lists the nine circumstances where WA cannot be claimed as described in B9.32. B9.32 also clearly states that a unit may claim WA if it is "an armed, unbroken, ground-level unit." So, one would think that after reading 9.32 we now know the three conditions that permit claiming WA, and the nine conditions that prohibit claiming WA. Sounds straightforward.

But, in classic ASLRB fashion, right next to B9.32 we are given B9.322 which has this sentence mid-paragraph: "A Pinned, TI, or immobile unit cannot voluntarily claim or forfeit WA." So, it would seem there are another three conditions in which a unit cannot claim WA. Why those three additional circumstances were not listed under B9.32 is a mystery.

This situation came up in a recent game. I had a pinned unit in a building with hedge hexsides. Based upon our reading of B9.32, my opponent and I agreed that I could claim WA as the unit was armed, unbroken, and ground-level, and none of the nine restrictions applied. It wasn't until after the game that my opponent found that nugget buried in 9.322, which meant my Pinned unit could not have claimed WA.

Anyway, I thought I would pass along my observation for the benefit of other Bocage scholars. (And partly as a cry of exasperation at yet another example of the 'connect-the-dots' format of the beloved ASLRB).

Thank you Chas for contributing to the ASL community with your excellent Bocage article.

Last edited:

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
We will also provide the updated page(s) (as errata or an addition) on our website.
Hope to see this posted up soon. As a diehard 1st Ed. owner, I saw no reason to get the 2nd. I have been very curious as to what changed in the magazine from the original. If it has been posted, I'm not able to find it. Thanks!

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hope to see this posted up soon. As a diehard 1st Ed. owner, I saw no reason to get the 2nd. I have been very curious as to what changed in the magazine from the original. If it has been posted, I'm not able to find it. Thanks!
Majority of it was errata updates. We also refreshed the boards to the current color palette for consistency with our other products, updated scenario verbiage to align with more consistent and clearer special rules and mission descriptions. As to the magazine specifically, again just errata and getting rid of that awful Rockwell font and going with Times Roman 🆒