Reporting Missions

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
So several years ago I looked into reporting SASL mission results on ROAR but there didn't seem to be a way to do it. That was that for quite awhile but just this week I found out that we CAN post SASL results on the ASL Scenario Archive website. A quick glance suggests it has all the 'official' MMP missions, at least some of the TPP HASL missions, and some of the gamer designed missions (the old GSASL missions seem to be there) populated in the archive.

I posted a couple recent games since then and expect to report every mission I play moving forward (at least the ones that are represented in the archive.) I've got records on almost every mission I've played in the past in my personal records but I don't know that I'll ever get motivated enough to transfer them to the website archive (it would be a massive task.)

Anyway, the ASL Scenario Archive scenario template isn't really optimized for SASL missions so some of the relevant info that would be of interest to SASL players will have to be entered in the 'comments' section or else excluded.

I'm also wondering if it's worth my making a post about this in the "Cool SASL Resources" sticky so new players will be aware of where they can post results?

I'm just wondering if there is a consensus among us as a SASL player community on what information should be shared? (the way the pages are laid out I'm not sure it would be a good idea to clutter up the comments sections with too much detail.) I was thinking nationality played, campaign game date & VP score plus maybe the boards used, time of day if not daytime, weather conditions if unusual (snow, mud etc.) and if desired a sentence or two of summary.