Replacement Counters - Afrika Korps

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Not sure what your issues is with CH, but they are more responsive then HOB and just slightly behind MMP.
My issues are as described - it took 9 months, from initial request to me opening the letter, for replacement counters to reach me. When they reached me they are flawed. In the intervening period numerous emails were ignored.

Those are my issues with CH. Your experience may have been different, but that doesn't negate my experience.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well finally got my hands on ther counters today and my ones are fine.
It is galling that they took so long to send them but I put that down to lack of organisation on my end as it was not until Eoin had posted similar problems that I really took action.
The last time I bought straight from CH! and had a problem was with tigers to the front and that was sorted out really quickly.(2 copies of one scenario card and none of another).
Eoin I got sent two copies of the counters so if you want me to send one set to you let me know.

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Vinnie,

Many thanks for the kind offer - that's very generous and is appreciated. I'll decline, though, as this whole saga has totally soured me on CH and I doubt very much whether I'll be pulling out the AK pack for any play and will almost certainly not use the counters.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Vinnie,

Many thanks for the kind offer - that's very generous and is appreciated. I'll decline, though, as this whole saga has totally soured me on CH and I doubt very much whether I'll be pulling out the AK pack for any play and will almost certainly not use the counters.
That would be a pity as the scenarios are good, that being said there are only a couple of the counters that you ned for a few of the scenarios, most are playable with the core counters. Like Scott i seem to be one of the minority that have had no problems with CH over the many years since Ray started out.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My counter sheets from the Afrikakorps: El Alamein Core Pack were fine. No problems with the die cutting. However, my counter sheets from the second desert core pack Afrikakorps: Battle of Gazala do have issues. Included in the pack were two copies each of Afrikakorps Bonus Counter Sheets #3 and #4. One copy of each were fine. However, the second copy of each counter sheet had the counter backs misglued half a counter off. Odd that one of each sheet were fine and one of each were bad. I contacted Maureen and she e-mailed me back same day. I'll drop the bad countersheets in the mail today for her to take to the supplier.
A question on the counter sheets themselves. On sheet #3 there are two German plane counters. The first shows an observation plane on the front with the back a bombless FB. The second has a FB (w/ bomb) on the front and a bombless DB on the back. On sheet #4 German plane counter shows a DB w/ bomb on the front and the back has an armored car wreck. Two armored car counters above the plane have incorrect backs as well w/ one sporting a different AC wreck and the other a DB w/ bombs. Does anyone have sheets that don't have these errors or has this not been addressed?

Thx

Bill

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Bill-

Ya, have the same problem with my counters too. I think Ray must have been smoking some crack when he proofed them lol.

Scott

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone have sheets that don't have these errors or has this not been addressed?
I don't believe this has been addressed. I will check on this issue and relay it to Ray. I'll check my own copies as well. If this is a widespread problem, I'll recommend that he issue replacement counters in an upcoming product.

ASRomafan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't believe this has been addressed. I will check on this issue and relay it to Ray. I'll check my own copies as well. If this is a widespread problem, I'll recommend that he issue replacement counters in an upcoming product.

I don't know about 'widespread' but when I got my AK Gazala and found this

A question on the counter sheets themselves. On sheet #3 there are two German plane counters. The first shows an observation plane on the front with the back a bombless FB. The second has a FB (w/ bomb) on the front and a bombless DB on the back. On sheet #4 German plane counter shows a DB w/ bomb on the front and the back has an armored car wreck. Two armored car counters above the plane have incorrect backs as well w/ one sporting a different AC wreck and the other a DB w/ bombs. Does anyone have sheets that don't have these errors or has this not been addressed?

Thx

Bill
I did have to chuckle. :)