Replacement Counters - Afrika Korps

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
I pre-ordered and received the AK expansions released back in June of last year. The counters shipped to me were unusable - each of the 4 sheets was cut so badly that counter information was compromised.

No problem - I sent scans to Critical Hit, which were acknowledged, requesting replacements via their company email and offered that as I had also ordered Peleliu (which was at the time advertised as fairly imminent), I would be happy to wait until its release, and CH could replace the AK counters and bubndle them with my Peleliu pack.

I since re-ordered Peleliu (wth Ponyri) and, in the customer instruction field, explained the history of the issue, and reminded CH to include the replacement counters.

Peleiu and Ponyri came last week. No replacement AK counters. I emailed CH through their customer feedback email on their site. No answer.

I guess CH don't want my business.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have been very quiet about this. I ordered and received AK 1 and a couple of other packs back in July. No counters were with the original pack. I have emailed like you with no success. I even spoke to Dave Lamb about this and sent him an email which he agreed to pass on but have still heard nothing. I originally wanted to order the remaining 2 scenario packs I didn't order when I got the original and was hoping to make it easier on CH! By effectively paying the postage fir the counters since they could be slipped in with the order. Nothing. It saddens me.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Try posting to ch message board: http://chmb.invisionzone.com/index.php?act=idx

You might get a faster responce then here since Ray does not visit this message board. BTW, personally, I never had a problem with CH! replacing counters, they have been pretty good about that. So has MMP in regards to the VotG counters that had lines running through them.

Scott

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Scott, sincere thanks for your help, however I've emailed CH directly via their website several times and included reminders with my online orders - I'm not inclined to make further requests which may or may not be acknowledged and/or acted on.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Your best bet is the CH forum, not the web site. You need to get ahold of Mareen some posted her email here at one time but I don't have it.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi-

Try posting to ch message board: http://chmb.invisionzone.com/index.php?act=idx

You might get a faster responce then here since Ray does not visit this message board. BTW, personally, I never had a problem with CH! replacing counters, they have been pretty good about that. So has MMP in regards to the VotG counters that had lines running through them.

Scott
Your best bet is the CH forum, not the web site. You need to get ahold of Mareen some posted her email here at one time but I don't have it.
The last email I got had this one: MaureenCH 'at' criticalhit 'dot' com
Guys to be honest this is why I have not mentioned my problem yet and bottled up all my frustration until now.
Although I haven't tried the CH forum route yet (I'll go there directly) I have tried Maureen I've gone through Dave Lamb (who it must be said was very helpful.)

it is frustrating that it should have come to this. I did not want to complain in public until I noticed Eoin had much the same problem (no response).

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Scott just tried that link and got a forbidden message. Do you have a link to the entry port since I'll have to sign up for this no doubt.

Found my way there.

Last edited:

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Guys, to be honest, I don't see this as an issue of communciation. I've tried to email CH. Previous commitments have been ignored. Reminder notes attached to a $100+ order were ignored - this I find particularly irritating. I'm not going to keep banging my head against a brick wall.

Unless CH get their house in order and respond to previous requests I won't be purchasing future CH offerings.

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys, if you give me your real names in a PM or email, I'll be glad to pass them on directly to Ray at CH. Vinnie, I didn't realize your issues were never resolved. Send it to me again, and I'll make sure Ray resolves it.

cujo8-1

The Earl of Burgundy
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dave,

Could you ask about my missing overlays from the first core pack again ? Two emails to CH (with answers back on how it will be taken care of), but still NADA.

Want to be a fan, but it sure is hard.

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I heard back from Ray about these issues. He says he needs contact info. in the form of an email address or phone number in order to further investigate these order problems and contact each of you directly. Please email or PM me your phone # or email address, or you can send them directly to:

chrt1@comcast.net

Thanks.

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
After 4 more emails chasing CH, I finally received the replacement counters this morning.

One of the replacement sheets is badly miscut, again occluding data (assault fire, underlined morale for infantry, AP only MA for vehicles).

I originally requested the replacement counters in June last year, 9 months ago. A large number of my emails have been ignored. Commitments by CH to replace the counters were repeatedly not fulfilled.

CH has lost me as a customer, as I have no confidence in that company's ability to replace faulty components without persistent, sustained pressure from me. And in the end, many of the replacement counters have the same fault as those they are replacing.

Caveat emptor.

Incidentally, in 2009 I asked MMP for some replacement counters, as on opening Croix de Guerre I noticed a few were missing. I received repalcements within a week. Painless, prompt and efficient. Entirely unlike my recent experience of CH.

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After 4 more emails chasing CH, I finally received the replacement counters this morning.

One of the replacement sheets is badly miscut, again occluding data (assault fire, underlined morale for infantry, AP only MA for vehicles).

I originally requested the replacement counters in June last year, 9 months ago. A large number of my emails have been ignored. Commitments by CH to replace the counters were repeatedly not fulfilled.

CH has lost me as a customer, as I have no confidence in that company's ability to replace faulty components without persistent, sustained pressure from me. And in the end, many of the replacement counters have the same fault as those they are replacing.

Caveat emptor.

Incidentally, in 2009 I asked MMP for some replacement counters, as on opening Croix de Guerre I noticed a few were missing. I received repalcements within a week. Painless, prompt and efficient. Entirely unlike my recent experience of CH.
I think you were on the "fast track" too

Getting bad counters to replace bad counters is unforgivable.

If they do not even bother to make sure you are getting quality components on a hand picked service call - then my guess is the whole print batch was bad and they just did not care

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Thats too bad and I know where your coming from, baught Bloodreef Tawara off ebay last year and as soon as I started punching the counters, they fell apart IE came apart due to bad glue job when slapped together. E mailed MMP, but neary a word was heard. Of course the module has been OOP for some time, so that might have something to do with the no responce. But because MMP is the official producer of ASL, I will continue to buy from them no matter if their attatude is nasty, overcharge on shipping, boring scenario packs, We Love MMP and that is all that matters.

Scott

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Hi-

Thats too bad and I know where your coming from, baught Bloodreef Tawara off ebay last year and as soon as I started punching the counters, they fell apart IE came apart due to bad glue job when slapped together. E mailed MMP, but neary a word was heard. Of course the module has been OOP for some time, so that might have something to do with the no responce. But because MMP is the official producer of ASL, I will continue to buy from them no matter if their attatude is nasty, overcharge on shipping, boring scenario packs, We Love MMP and that is all that matters.

Scott
Scott,

All I can do is note the disparity of treatment I have personally received:

- CH take 9 months, repeated reminders, ignored emails etc. to replace faulty components with more faulty components;

- MMP replace components within a week or so, without any questions being asked.

MMP couldn't have been better. Note that I have no interest in cheerleading for MMP or denigrating CH - my judgements are based purely and entirely on the basis of the service that I have received.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Actually, CH replaced some scenario cards and some bad counters for me in 10 days, with only one email sent to them.

No problems here with CH.

MMP for me is 1-3 days response time.

Not sure what your issues is with CH, but they are more responsive then HOB and just slightly behind MMP.