rep points

Taitennek

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
I can't give rep points. I first have to spread points.
I now wanted to give (bad) rep points to someone new.
I always get the same message......
howcome?

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You can only give out so much reputation at a time. And, you cannot give the same person reputation until you have given a number of other people reputation, first. see here

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Taitennek said:
I can't give rep points. I first have to spread points.
I now wanted to give (bad) rep points to someone new.
I always get the same message......
howcome?
I have posted another thread about the Little Green Blocks about three months ago. Click on the link at the Herman Hum message for an answer.

But here is another cool response:

THEY can prevent you from posting ANY rep points......:surprise:

Yes, THEY can do whatever is necessary to insure the survival of the fittest.....:eek:

THEY are the "evil ones"......:dead: :hush: :whist:

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
What's even worse, no one can apparently keep Les from getting positive feedback :)

How the f**k does he do it? :)

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
In short, the VBulletin rep system is set up to prohibit any one member from repeatedly influencing another member's reputation. Does it work? That's up to you to decide. People around here have completely opposite views about what rep points mean to them (if anything), different interpretations about how the system ought to be used, and what the staff's role (if any) should be in regards to rep.

My view is that the rep system is for the members to use as they will. We have no official rules or guidelines about when to give positive or negative points, who to give them to, or what type of comments to leave. It's just another tool for members to communicate with each other and the forum as a whole. The only thing we ask is that if you are going to leave comments for someone, you do not use the system in an illegal way (i.e. using it to threaten someone would obviously be a problem).

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Aries said:
What's even worse, no one can apparently keep Les from getting positive feedback :)

How the f**k does he do it? :)

It surely can't be the support group at Humility Anonymous can it, now :D ???

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
trauth116 said:
It surely can't be the support group at Humility Anonymous can it, now :D ???
I think I'm being used actually :)

"Hey let's give Les rep, we all know it will annoy at least someone, and they'll never know it was us".

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Aries said:

"Hey let's give Les rep, we all know it will annoy at least someone, and they'll never know it was us".
I'd give les some negative rep without a comment because it would annoy him......alas I can't......maybe next time :devil:

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The annoying part is actually more like - for someone that alledges that it means nothing - you have a habit of consistently bringing up your own and throwing it in everyone's face - I mean seriously -- if you really believe that wtf cares -then you need to knock the throwing the "ohh I got soooo many points" in everyone's face bit off please. It gets old.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Steve I bring it up because I can.

It's a stupid little doodad function which everyone seems to unnanimously agree on.

It serves no real function, but it's plain management isn't getting rid of it.

Whether I am interested in the rep or not is not relevant.

I DO think it's funny that I have as much rep as I do.

I said I was going to post the comments, but then I realise, I just don't really give a f**k.

The whole rep discussion was old months ago. About 5 minutes after I think it was introduced actually. I can't think of a single element on a single forum anywhere which serves less purpose than this rep function.

But when you consider what else there is to discuss around here some days, you takes what you gets eh.

In some ways, it's more enjoyable than the pathetic fauning over a board game company. It's more enjoyable than discussing sensitive topics related to gaming that make the site look bad in the eyes of paying advertisers.
And eventually a person gets tired of thinly disguised I hate muslims based threads that spring up in almost every section of a forum that engages in military topic matter.

So, here we are, discussing these dumb green blocks.

Because to some extent, I don't really think I care if Sony makes another Betamax wannabe technology.
I love my computer wargames that I have, but they can't provide a daily, constant, never ending source of discussion material.

What's your favourite wargame, mode of wargame, wargame company, wargaming period, wargaming platform. These areas of discussion rarely change.
I like ASL and Steel Panthers more than just about any wargame. Unlikely going to change. Doesn't make for much in the way of gossip.

Forums are just a place to gossip after all.
Right now, the most amusing gossip (to me) is this forum feature.

Yesterday, for laughs, I gave Dorosh some negative rep. I had no reason to give him negative rep. His post said nothing deserving negative rep. And I said I only had done it, to offset some of my constant positive rep, just for the hell of it.
My only motivation was Michael Dorosh is an over bearing pompus Battlefront elitist swine. He's a pain in the ass (which is putting it mildly), and seeing as the effect of rep here is based on post count total, and amount of rep blocks one has (apparently), I thought it funny, that I could respond to his glee of getting some rep, by posting negative rep, and likely taking more from him, than he gained from the post he was so over joyed with.

Petty, juvenile, pointless, and stupid. So what, describes his behaviour at Battlefront too. If he doesn't like THIS Canadian here at SZO, he can go back to where he's considered "special".

This kinda crap is why some forums are really a crock at their core.
Do people HAVE to come? No

Taitennek

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Rep. points

My simple question now grows into a serious discussion.........:crosseye: :eek1: :laugh:
But that is what a forum supposed to be.

Cheers,
Taitennek:smoke:

P.S. I think I give some rep. points here:rolleyes:

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Aries said:
Yesterday, for laughs, I gave Dorosh some negative rep. I had no reason to give him negative rep. His post said nothing deserving negative rep. And I said I only had done it, to offset some of my constant positive rep, just for the hell of it. ... seeing as the effect of rep here is based on post count total, and amount of rep blocks one has (apparently), I thought it funny, that I could respond to his glee of getting some rep, by posting negative rep, and likely taking more from him, than he gained from the post he was so over joyed with.
I rarely give negative rep but it is irresponsible to ignore childishness like the above. So .. bad rep for :censored: Aries and good rep for Michael Dorosh. :horse:

Last edited:

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Aaaaaaaaallriiiiiight, I went from 444 to 443 points, yeeeee haaaaawww :)

Was kind of expecting something more significant though.

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Aries said:

I know that's why I do it! ;)

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Aries said:
Aaaaaaaaallriiiiiight, I went from 444 to 443 points, yeeeee haaaaawww :)
Was kind of expecting something more significant though.
Life is full of disappointments. If negative rep is your goal then I guess you will just have to work harder for it. More profanity perhaps. Or it could be time to repeat one of your monologues against religion. Bragging about theft might be good for a few points. :strokin:

Goblin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yesterday, for laughs, I gave Dorosh some negative rep. I had no reason to give him negative rep. His post said nothing deserving negative rep. And I said I only had done it, to offset some of my constant positive rep, just for the hell of it.
My only motivation was Michael Dorosh is an over bearing pompus Battlefront elitist swine. He's a pain in the ass (which is putting it mildly), and seeing as the effect of rep here is based on post count total, and amount of rep blocks one has (apparently), I thought it funny, that I could respond to his glee of getting some rep, by posting negative rep, and likely taking more from him, than he gained from the post he was so over joyed with.
I don't think personal attacks are the way to go. That's why we have the rep system, I thought. You get a neg from me for this one...

Goblin

Taitennek

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Goblin said:
I don't think personal attacks are the way to go. That's why we have the rep system, I thought. You get a neg from me for this one...
:halo: :halo: :laugh: :laugh: :whist: :whist: :whist: