reoranizing Germans

macgregr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well it's the first turn of July '41 and I have well over 100pts in Germans reorganizing while apparently no Soviets. Am I whining? What am I supposed to do? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Olorin4

Generalfeldmarschall
Reaction score
Country
llGreece
I am not a EA expert, but if EA uses command squads, maybe you have lost too many of them?

Last edited:

macgregr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for that reply. It makes sense except that I really never use my HQs on any attacks and have never had one Isolated. The Soviets OTOH, I could open a Soviet HQ museum with all the ones I've cutoff and eliminated.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks for that reply. It makes sense except that I really never use my HQs on any attacks and have never had one Isolated. The Soviets OTOH, I could open a Soviet HQ museum with all the ones I've cutoff and eliminated.
From the email you sent, you mention that it has been heavy fighting. Formations thathave had their units fighting hard tend to reorg. This is ofset, largely, by the high prof of the German units, but it will happen eventually. I'd imagine this is just a spot of bad luck in that several fomations have decided to go into reorg at once.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Look and see if it's all the same formation(s), as mentioned above. If not, I wonder if there is some shock effect in play? Has your opponent utilized any Theatre Options recently? That could also explain it.

Heldenkaiser

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I believe also formations with many split units go into reorg more easily ... don't know if this applies to your situation. :shy:

macgregr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After some investigation, I realized that my opponent had selected the theater option of occupying bessabarabia and bukovina, which is odd because they are hundreds of miles from the front lines. At any rate, with over 150 points of fresh Germans in reorg I felt justified in selecting case yellow. After all, it is July 6, 1941. Though I now fear he has decided to forget about the game altogether and won't return any of my emails. Was I justified?

Last edited:

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
After some investigation, I realized that my opponent had selected the theater option of occupying bessabarabia and bukovina, which is odd because they are hundreds of miles from the front lines. At any rate, with over 150 points of fresh Germans in reorg I felt justified in selecting case yellow. After all, it is July 6, 1941. Though I now fear he has decided to forget about the game altogether and won't return any of my emails. Was I justified?
To clarify.
A) I don't think there is a TO to occupy Bessarabia/Bukovia. As per House Rules, these countries may just be entered. As well, having searched my memory and the EA briefing (as my memory can be faulty), I see no mention of the Germans having any shock penalty should the Soviets invase Bessarabia.
B) Could this be winter shock? Because I can't remember (or find) anything else that would cause Axis shock...

Assuming, however, that I'm wrong: An opponent deploying a TO out of context would open up that whole can of worms, no TOs would have to be used in context after that.

Further, I believe it was Shane (Mantis) who is of the thought that TOs can be used whenever one feels, and do not have to be used for their specific purpose.

macgregr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The only thing that's for certain is that he hasn't responded to three emails. Beyond that I have no idea if he has even opened the file. I know that I'm upset about my Germans reorganizing en mass in July '41. I know that in WiF, offensives such as Case Yellow can be purchased and saved. I hope Sapper32 is alright. Perhaps he's just taking a long vacation.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Further, I believe it was Shane (Mantis) who is of the thought that TOs can be used whenever one feels, and do not have to be used for their specific purpose.
True, but with a caveat: This should *always* be discussed with one's opponent priot to starting a game. I'd be happy to discuss my reasoning for this if anyone disagrees, or is curious.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The only thing that's for certain is that he hasn't responded to three emails. Beyond that I have no idea if he has even opened the file. I know that I'm upset about my Germans reorganizing en mass in July '41. I know that in WiF, offensives such as Case Yellow can be purchased and saved. I hope Sapper32 is alright. Perhaps he's just taking a long vacation.
Well, he might just be unavail, I know I've gone into hermit mode before and come back form it. :D