REN routing

Bison36

Recruit
Reaction score
<--New Player (so ignore the unorganized mass that may and most likely not represent a historical movement of Dutch Soldiers toward the Spanish lines :nuts:)

My question is about routing units pathing in HPS games. I thought I had noticed this behavior of routing troops, but actually captured it in a screenshot last night.
View attachment 25079
Is this normal?

At first I was :mad:, then I was :laugh:.

Xaver

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Yes, one of the problems with nap and REN is that routed units can disrupt units like cavalry or a pike block, this is totally unhistorical because cavalry was use many times as policemen behind units in first line to force they stand in battlefield and block.... well, 60 arcabuzeros routed disrupting a 1.250 pike formation is a little.... :mad::freak::nuts::clown: you use cavalry in flanks because is more strange disrupt situations.

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
If your stacks of troops are near max then the routing units wont/cant go through them, so that will cut down on problems...though a unit next to one that routs will always disrupt.

Lord_Valentai

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
That's not much comfort when 17 fleeing men run through and disrupt your 1500 men behind. :p

Bison36

Recruit
Reaction score
The disruption of formations next to a routing unit makes sense to me. I guess I just found it amusing that the routing units path took them through almost every unit in the army. My poor routed arquebus skirmishers disrupted almost the entire Dutch army.

It is good to know that routed units will not pass through near max stacked units.

Xaver

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Well, 17 can force melee situations retarding enemy advance hehehe.

Skirmis dont disrupt infantry formations but do it for cavalry.

When i see routed units using the paths between my units i can sleep better :laugh: