Remove Unit From Map feature under the Command Heading

rebel15nc

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you are playing a stand alone game and use this feature, I am pretty sure that any removed units are lost for the remainder of the game.
However if you are playing a Campaign and remove some of your own units from the map, do you get the removed units back in the nexted linked battle you play during the current Campaign? Would appreciate a rapid answer from anyone who knows. My Yankee enemy is going to cut off a brigade or two if I can't retreat them off the edge of the map. thanks

tallin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is not real good form though. Your opponent should be able to enjoy the fruits of his play. You can always submit a bid instead and he may show you mercy.

Reaction score
That's always been a bit of a running dispute. When I answered, I assumed he was playing against the AI. That said, in a pbem game, it really depends. Most people I've played against over the course of time will allow for withdrawals in campaign games, but not in stand alone battles . That's especially considering the fact that the map is a highly artificial boundry to movement. Though, a good rule of thumb is to check with your opponant.

rebel15nc

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the answer. The nonAI Yankee offerred me a bid before I had to decide what to do. So we are on to the next battle. Thanks again.