Reminiscing about ASLOK

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
As this event looms closer I have to note memorable moments from my years of attendance.

1. Showing up in Youngstown (ASLOK I) with my buddy from NC and being asked, "who are you guys?"
  2. Weisbart's "Hitler's jig" after an obvious hard-won victory.
  3. Pleva's culinary review of Captain Taco.
  4. Fire alarm early in the morning (now two) at the venues.
  5. Searching for Jimmy Hoffa and digging up the ground floor hallway.
  6. Being influenced by the physic convention (or was that Winter Offensive?).
  7. Experiencing a collapsed hut in the playing area as the roof began to leak.
  8. Lest I forget, comfort women at the Youngstown hotel.
Would love to hear about other players' experiences.

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
As this event looms closer I have to note memorable moments from my years of attendance.

1. Showing up in Youngstown (ASLOK I) with my buddy from NC and being asked, "who are you guys?"
  5. Searching for Jimmy Hoffa and tearing up a hallway.
I just got to sleep and I was so tired when the fire alarm went I didn't even get out of bed.

Curt Schilling getting his butt kicked playing Fish and yelling " F you Fish ". I can sympathize with the sentiment.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States

1. Showing up in Youngstown (ASLOK I) with my buddy from NC and being asked, "who are you guys?
Lol you should have said " I am the guy who is going to win this event! "

Which you did!🤗🤗

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States

It was at one of the later Oktoberfests in Austintown where Fish made a complete ass of himself. The Moderators will excuse my vulgarity but sometimes it is necessary.

The event was in progress when a gentleman of Asian ancestry entered the gaming area and was, IIRC, looking around. Fish asked him if he was making a food delivery. The dude was there to play ASL!!!

What an ass!!! LMFAO 🤣🤣🤣🥰🥰🥰🥰

Probably just me, Fish and the guy who just wanted to play ASL know this embarrassing episode in the Chronicles of ASLOk.

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

I remember #5 at Middleburgh Heights. I liked that hotel and all the food options nearby.
I'm pretty sure #6 was next to the gaming room at Middleburgh Heights also, and there was at least one wedding.
I think on the last Sunday one year at MH there was a blackout of some sort and people were playing by torch in the morning until the lights came back on (no windows in the gaming room).
A rather loud fire marshal yelling at people to move their stuff along the back wall as they were blocking fire doors (MH again).
A video being made of a guest player, which has apparently never seen the light of day....

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
  1. Searching for Jimmy Hoffa and digging up the ground floor hallway.
  2. Being influenced by the physic convention (or was that Winter Offensive?).
I remember these events. Not only was the hole right by the elevator, there was the lift vehicle with men working and they allowed us to walk under it at the spiral staircase.

I also remember the physic fair. One of us famous ASLers was hitting hard on a really cute woman..........

Peace

Roger

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I remember #5 at Middleburgh Heights. I liked that hotel and all the food options nearby.
I'm pretty sure #6 was next to the gaming room at Middleburgh Heights also, and there was at least one wedding.
I think on the last Sunday one year at MH there was a blackout of some sort and people were playing by torch in the morning until the lights came back on (no windows in the gaming room).
A rather loud fire marshal yelling at people to move their stuff along the back wall as they were blocking fire doors (MH again).
A video being made of a guest player, which has apparently never seen the light of day....
I talked to that Fire Marshall, he had writers cramp from 87 violations. The funny part was right after he made the announcement “If you don’t move that stuff away from the fire doors, I’M SHUT’TIN THIS PLACE DOWN !” There was an immediate response and people moved their stuff while three Fire Marshalls (playing ASL) stepped up, flashed their badges and he basically said “ok, you guys got this under control.”

Lol

Last edited:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I remember these events. Not only was the hole right by the elevator, there was the lift vehicle with men working and they allowed us to walk under it at the spiral staircase.

I also remember the physic fair. One of us famous ASLers was hitting hard on a really cute woman..........

Peace

Roger
I won a free psychic reading from the girl with the award winning breasts. I was the 500th person in line so I won a free tarot card reading from some other girl who was their best ‘psychic’.
I sat down for the reading and I got nervous ‘cause I had the feeling I was gunna get that ‘Devil’ card and I told her so. I picked my first card, no devil, she said this card is the past. Second card, Ten of Penticles, no devil, she says this represents the present. Third card, The Tower, no devil ! She says this is my future. I breath a sigh of relief, thinking it’s all over. But then she says ‘Pick a fourth card’. Well, a chill runs down my spine as I scream “I told you so ! It’s the fricking devil card !” The girl turns a whiter shade of pale, stunned by my incredible abilities yet pity for my horrible satanic curse. I was more psychic than her, lol.

Last edited:

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Which venue had the disco downstairs (...everybody dance now!...) blaring Saturday night and the hookers in the elevator? It was in Cleveland but not off the highways. I remember thinking "one game at a time."

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Which venue had the disco downstairs (...everybody dance now!...) blaring Saturday night and the hookers in the elevator? It was in Cleveland but not off the highways. I remember thinking "one game at a time."
Brookpark Quality Inn next to Capn' Tacos.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
That night is my most vivid memory of Oktoberfest. Sitting at the TD table with Fish looking at a totally packed gaming room, the overflow having taken over Hell's Kitchen. The din of 150 or so ASL players, dice in glasses, cries of joy and despair, the occasional expletive, all to a disco beat. I remember thinking that right then, right there was the center of the ASL world. Pretty cool. Proud to have been a part of it. Overly proud says Brigadier Bacardi. He's right as usual. 🙄

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
I won a free psychic reading from the girl with the award winning breasts. I was the 500th person in line so I won a free tarot card reading from some other girl who was their best ‘psychic’.
I sat down for the reading and I got nervous ‘cause I had the feeling I was gunna get that ‘Devil’ card and I told her so. I picked my first card, no devil, she said this card is the past. Second card, Ten of Penticles, no devil, she says this represents the present. Third card, The Tower, no devil ! She says this is my future. I breath a sigh of relief, thinking it’s all over. But then she says ‘Pick a fourth card’. Well, a chill runs down my spine as I scream “I told you so ! It’s the fricking devil card !” The girl turns a whiter shade of pale, stunned by my incredible abilities yet pity for my horrible satanic curse. I was more psychic than her, lol.
she was frickin' smoklin' no doubt about that

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Clearly, she was not psychic if she couldn't tell it wasn't vodka before drinking it.