reinforcements in spwaw

Kaki

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I´m not sure how the victorypoints are calculated. How much points does my opponent get if I call in reinforcements and he doesn´t? What if I don´t use the whole reinforcement-pool but only 25% or 50% ?

Kaki

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Doesn´t anyone really have no idea about this? I know it is usually agreed upon beforehand whether they are called or not, but please, anyone can reply. I´d really like to know.

Artur

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
If you call for reinforcements your opponent automatically gets 25% of the points spent.

Of course if he manages to eliminate your reinforcement units he will get their cost as points as well.

Artur.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Käki said:
Doesn´t anyone really have no idea about this? I know it is usually agreed upon beforehand whether they are called or not, but please, anyone can reply. I´d really like to know.
As I rarely use these I am not sure of the actual breakdown of points but Artur is most likely correct. I hadn't looked to see if the Manual addresses that anywhere.

Artur

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
A quote from the manual

"Reinforcement Request

Players can now purchase reinforcements based on 20% of the points spent to make up their
initial force. These reinforcements will show up 1-4 turns later on one of the reinforcement hex #1.
This reinforcement hex is now started on a road hex on the player?s side of the map if possible. If
you use this option during Online play you must have a Time Out still available. 25% of the victory
point?s award for destroying your reinforcement pool is automatically added to your opponent?s
victory points.
A player can request reinforcements every turn as long the player has not spent total of 20% in
points over the initial force and when playing Online play also have a time out available.
Reinforcements Requests can only be made if you have Timeouts available."

----
The manual can be found in the SPWaW main directory, file name is SPWaW-Manual.pdf. You need to download Acrobat Reader to view it.

Artur.

Kaki

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Artur said:
25% of the victory
point?s award for destroying your reinforcement pool is automatically added to your opponent?s
victory points.
Yes thats the sentence I didn´t understand somehow but it´s clear now. Thanks guys. So calling them means you better use them effectively. Though it´s often too late to call them when things are bad already. And if called before things go bad you better annihilate your enemy totally.