reinforcement table or list? Where is Roon, York etc..

Slider6

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there a reinforcement table or schedule somewhere for the 1915 game? I admit I play slow because I don't have a ton of time, but none of the AC have shown up yet except Blucher and Prince Heindrich.

Someday I'll ask why the old PH was chosen out of all the obsolete ship choices for the germans:)

saddletank

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
In the 1915 campaign Blucher and Prinz Heinrich are the only ACs the KM have. Yorck was sunk by this time and Roon was operating in the Baltic.

Slider6

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, if your a historical fanatic..okay, that is not a whole lot for the rest of us in the campaign game.

This means the 1915 campaign is only capable of two new german AC for ship pack 1 and what the germans have and are capable "is" the game for both sides.

HMSWarspite

Reaction score
Country
ll
More German Acs are available in the scenario editor.

What would you expect for a 1915 expansion?

Slider6

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

We are talking 1915 campaign and not the scenerio editor.

The answere: A lot more than two ships.

I know this is incomprehensible for those locked and stuck in the historical dogma, but it would actually be "fun" to have the option to play with all the ships that "could" or "might" have been available. This is actually no different than a game without room 40. If we are stuck to strict history Jutland would be a complete dud as a game.

saddletank

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
I know this is incomprehensible for those locked and stuck in the historical dogma, but it would actually be "fun" to have the option to play with all the ships that "could" or "might" have been available. This is actually no different than a game without room 40. If we are stuck to strict history Jutland would be a complete dud as a game.
A realistic deployment of starting forces is what SES does. The player then can change history. I think almost ALL wargames do this, back to Avalon Hill and SPI and a hundred other game designers and developers since the 1970s at least - you get a map and a bunch of card counters and a deployment roster and you start at the historical start positions - then do your own thing. Its what interests the majority of players of the genre. Always has done, always will.

Also, Slider, almost every single post you write comes across as being really offensive and objectionable. You constantly sound bitter and angry as though the world should revolve around what you want and if it doesn't then you're going to be rude about it.

Why don't you please try putting your requests and points across in a more civil manner? Politeness never took any effort and could get you a long way.

HMSWarspite

Reaction score
Country
ll
This is a history game. You will find a LOT more than 2 ships on the RN side.

You do know that the Thunderchild, Enterprise and Nimitz arn't t in the SP2 dont you?

saddletank

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
You'll find a lot more than 2 new ships on the KM side too...

Slider6

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OMG...you two are complete...loons..and freaks in the defense of anything seen as "critical" comment regarding SES. (SES attack goons..lol).

The reason the post may come accross as offensive, is you are actually being and have been offensive all along. (we/I learn from previous experience) Sometimes your arguments are just so..."narrow" in focus of defense of anything in regard to SES products or it's SES practices, its absurd. They are almost always some form of a personal attack, which then returned, you act insulted. (boohoo) Followed again by more personnel attacks and attempts to berate someone for what you instigated in the first place.

1. SES does not adhere strictly to history (again its a game). It does finess the situation to make a "game". The example given is again ignored as is all others examples. The room 40 and US ships are deviations of history. SES makes games. It would make a better "game" if they didn't listen to the dogma that is nothing more than an extreme fantanical niche. It give them a very narrow customer field.

Your statement is completely your view and not fact. Get over the SES only does historical tripe. It just isn't accurate.

AH made great games and YES! I had the Roon and York as alternate counters. You could start other positions, in fact you could free form the whole thing and make it any year with any counters you wanted..OMG...there just is NO similiarity. AH Jutland has emense flexibility compare to SES Jutland. AH Jutland I "STILL" own and no it doesn't have DRM. It is much more flexible in many ways. The Jutland player comunity (customers, you remember those) created a whole series of counters and scenerios...wonder why and they weren't historical..OMG what happened there? Perhaps most people like the alternative and the options would be more popular?

You see only one way to play and your focus is on this idea "fantasy" you are recreating "actual" history. Listening to you two is like at a game confernance and two nerds are arguing over the effectiveness of light saber models when neither model actually exists!There is many of us that do not get to that level of "belief", but rather just enjoy a good game with a historical reference or background. The contstant attacks on people who would like more options and less of the historical dogma from SES show you two are in panic at the thought and are only hurting SES with the fanatical dogma.

2. Saddletank you are describing yourself. Not me. I'm giving what should be "contructive" feedback of what would make me and probably many other players happy. The fact you are once again making it personnel and attacking everyone on this board who might have a critical view or issue with SES, makes you the hypocritical anolmoly. You are in fact more of instigator here than a moderator. I'm not sure why you are here except as an SES attack goon.

3. Ditto, but probably too late as your moderator status is forever damaged with me.

HMS:

See 1 and see the original post (you seem to not actually read content of most posts). The post was a discussion about the "1915 campaign game", not the scenerio editor. The "original" point (ignored) is the german side (of two sides) didn't get much in the 1915 campaign which limits the campaign game value since the german side probably needed the most options and diversity. Add all the ships you want to the RN it doesn't help the game playability 'and fun" of the 1915 campaign. All this personal attacks and changing the discussion isn't going to change that.

Your example is ridiculous. Observation that the game might be more fun with inclusion of AC built in 1905 and of historical context of the time, to a wacky statement of stuff built in the 70's and 90's just shows how "narrow" and "stuck" your historical dogma viewponts really are.

The end result is I made a "critical" observation for improvement, was again attacked by the board SES monkeys. You are hurting SES far more than helping them. The end result is that I'll probably never play the 1915 campaign again as it just doesn't have enough to offer. When I do play, I'll go back to the 1916 campaign.

Now was that worth all the fuss for a simple opinion that it would be nice to have an option of more "historical" ships in the 1915 campaign? It would have increased the value of the released ship pack.

Last edited:

Slider6

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You'll find a lot more than 2 new ships on the KM side too...
OMG..we were discussing german AC, besides what's left..the kolberg?..and it's not there the whole year either. I guess "a lot more" means one then?

I haven't seen the Friedrich Carl, Prinz Adalbert either so they must be on some historical mission as well..lol

HMSWarspite

Reaction score
Country
ll
Slider, let's see how this thread could have been:

Slider6
reinforcement table or list? Where is Roon, York etc..

Is there a reinforcement table or schedule somewhere for the 1915 game? I admit I play slow because I don't have a ton of time, but none of the AC have shown up yet except Blucher and Prince Heindrich.

Someday I'll ask why the old PH was chosen out of all the obsolete ship choices for the germans

Saddletank
In the 1915 campaign Blucher and Prinz Heinrich are the only ACs the KM have. Yorck was sunk by this time and Roon was operating in the Baltic.

Slider6
Well, if your a historical fanatic..okay, that is not a whole lot for the rest of us in the campaign game.

This means the 1915 campaign is only capable of two new german AC for ship pack 1 and what the germans have and are capable "is" the game for both sides.

HMS Warspite

Slider6
I was talking specifically about the campaign game. I was hoping for more new ships on the German side. Why dont SES do a 'what if' for 1915, similar to the US SP1. Say Spee was recalled in July 1914, so we can have S & G, and maybe redploy/not sink the other ACs?

Any chance SES?

Anyone
+1

etc. Instead of which you seem to delight in putting a negative spin on every little thing. Well this "loon{s]..and freak in the defense of anything seen as "critical" comment regarding SES" will not be troubling you again. Ever. On any subject whatsoever.

May you have done unto you that which you do unto others.
Good bye.

Last edited:

saddletank

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
*nods, shakes head and moves on*

I'm wasting my time here. I think SES are wasting theirs talking to you as well. So rude... all the time. Life's too short to try and help people like you. Bye.

Slider6

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I could only dream that you "SES attack goons" would no longer reply to my posts at all. It is never anything constructive and always a personnel attack in some form just as you started here saddletank...aka..moderator..lol If is is not that it is some crazy hair brain antic to distract from the actual issue.

By the way WS nice editing for spin, it fits the level of integrity I've come to expect from you. I especially like the addition of things I NEVER SAID in this thread..lol Your such blatant fraud and SES mouthpiece. I think people can read the thread for themselves, you two's blatant personnel attacks and bias are obvious to all..lol...what a comedy for SES.

The waste here is that SES is apparently only listening to "yes" men like you two and have become "deaf" to its cumstomer because of the antics of the likes of you, thus they are probably doomed as a game company despite their quality and detail. Critical feedback is part of the process. It is not always everything is great, fantastic, good idea...lol

It might help to get out in the world more "light saber boys".

martin worsey

Reaction score
Country
ll
It seems that what you are asking for is to all extents a historical scenario starting with the outbreak of the GW in 1914; this would make all German AC’s available and you could stretch this to include some more old BB’s also.

This would be fun to play (as with the 1915 campaign provided).

To the list of what if campaign alternatives could be added the Emperor’s Crown Jewels in DG.

I don’t think that your wish list is that far removed from that which SES already provides; it just unfortunate that there is not a limitless choice of campaign alternatives to chose from (possibly a product of development cost and time?).