Regular player list

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I haven't played in a really long time and haven't heard any TacOps news since forever.

phil395

Reaction score
Country
ll
I still occasionally fire it up. It's pleasingly undemanding on hardware, which is good when travelling. That it'll happily run under Wine on Linux is nice.

But at the moment, my very limited time for games usually involves CM:SF.

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm in that infrequent mode myself. I've just not had time to play any games lately. Starting back to school has crimped my style.

phil395

Reaction score
Country
ll
I guess TacOps 4 looks long in the tooth compared to much of the games market. However, the underlying playability is great and that keeps drawing me back, so a "son of TacOps" would go down quite well with me. Perhaps the fabled TacOps 5. :)

Slightly more seriously, the main things I'd be interested in are low hardware requirements, cross-platform, DRM-free (I increasingly dislike the current CMSF DRM), a 3d map with 2d contour visualisation, varying unit movement speeds and a better AI. But I'm going off-topic here.

Alternatively, I could go back to playing Die by the Sword which I recently (re)discovered....

GCoyote

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I still do occasional PBEM. I'm in one now with a guy on ACG forums.

Ditto on the low CPU demand = portability points. My laptop is a 2005 and I'm not getting a newer model anytime soon.

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Still play with it fairly regularly. Most of the time I use it, it is to answer/ask a tactical question, still love it. Really would love for a new version, or a patch to bring in the units added in the real world since its inception.