Regional ASL Club Abandons YahooGroup for Discord

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
We have a regional ASL group abandoning YahooGroup for a text channel on Discord now, currently discussing the next meet.

Seems like a great idea and of course platforms are best when more people come together. Discord of course also have voice channels, one of which Will & I use every Sat morning to play. Install the app if you like but it also runs on browsers anyway.

Come take a look at the Advanced Squad Leader server https://discord.gg/kxRpQBQ

Rgds Jack

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I’ve also been listening looking to move our group out of yahoo. It is a terrible platform. A friend recommended IO something but still need to look at it a bit closer.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I’ve also been listening looking to move our group out of yahoo. It is a terrible platform. A friend recommended IO something but still need to look at it a bit closer.
Well .. NorCal is on .. you have the Discord invite link .. come on up .. the more people the better it is for everyone. We will put in a channel for you.

Moravane

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm one of the newest members of your group! Great group, horrible platform. I think that since Verizon bought Yahoo they're just let stuff like Yahoo Groups fall apart...

Rock SgtDan

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llSlovenia
Yahoo works fine if you set it up to send the Forum traffic to Yahoo web mail, and also have the web mail forward it to your real email POP account -- you read it when you want, & can save important messages on your computer.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Welcome on board Rob - like I said .. we are happy to add a channel for your local club activities so you can ditch YahooGroup.

Rgds Jack