Refit Ph and terrain blazes

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Just finished Dec 20 AM in KGP I and we seem to have two good size forest fires on the go during the refit phase. I looked but could not find what to do with the blaze markers in Woods, Pine Woods, Brush and Orchards.

Do the fires go out(I think so)?

Is the terrain effected (I could not find anything to say 'yes')?

Do they remain in place for the next CG Date and just keep burning (I am doubtful of this one)?

The rules cover buildings and fortifications but what do we do with a forest fire? :hmmm:

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The Purist said:
The rules cover buildings and fortifications but what do we do with a forest fire? :hmmm:
Yup, excellent question, but due to the rule specifically mentioning only Buildings/Wrecks then there is no change to Forests, they probably just end up like Oz after the usual Summer bushfires... black trunks instead of the old green things. Hence (like Rubble) they would be eligable for burning again.

As for removing the fire/blaze that is covered clearly in P8.6061 "... must remove etc, etc..." and P8.6095 mentions the other effects on fortifications within Blaze hexes.

A damn good question though, there is just SO much to burn on those beautiful maps!

WaterRabbit

Reaction score
Country
llGreenland
That would be because it is impossible for those terrain types to catch fire in the first place. See KGP9 -- a flame can occur only in a building/rubble location.

"Is the terrain effected (I could not find anything to say 'yes')?"

Is the terrain affected...

effect is a noun
affect is a verb

Last edited:

ASL Couple

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Affect - effect

Per Merriam-Webster’s:

The verb ‘affect’ means “to produce an effect upon”.

The noun ‘affect’ means “the conscious subjective aspect of an emotion considered apart from bodily changes”.

The verb ‘effect’ means “to cause to come into being”.

The noun ‘effect’ means “something that inevitably follows an antecedent (as a cause or agent)”.

Used in a sentence:

The effect of modifying our affect will effect change that will affect us all.

Like anybody cares. :D

WaterRabbit

Reaction score
Country
llGreenland
ASL Couple said:
Per Merriam-Webster’s:
The noun ‘affect’ means “the conscious subjective aspect of an emotion considered apart from bodily changes”.

The verb ‘effect’ means “to cause to come into being”.
While technically true, neither usage is likely to come up in a ASL rules debate -- especially the first listed, since it only applies to psychology or is obsolete in its usage.

Using 'effect' as a verb is kind of prissy. ;)

ASL Couple

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Affect redux

I don't know about that.

I always adopt a 'belligerent, yet self-assured' affect when I'm working out rules questions with Roy Connelly (aka 'thebigbad'). It seems to work for me.

:D

Joke.