Rees HASL CG Initial Scenario Setup Confusion

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm preparing to play the CG as the Scottish, and I'm unclear as to the 45 CPP assigned to the 'elements of 1st Gordons Highlanders' who are entering on turn 1. Specifically, most of the units on the British RG chart are listed as being unavailable for purchase on the 24 AM scenario date.

What units if any, may be purchased by the British player on the initial CG date with these 45 CPP? Is the British player limited to attacking on the first day with only a single full strength and a depleted rifle company? I've

I've read the rules a few times yet I seem to be missing the answer.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Look closely at the British OB and you'll notice a lot of the purchase limits are 2/2n. You can buy up to 2 then the second 2 become available on the 24 night scenario. By Dand.

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yuri,

The 45 CPP can be used to purchase units which will enter on/after Turn 1. No FPP can be purchased by British for the initial scenario.

RG that the British could purchase for the Initial Scenario are:

Inf Coy (20 CPP)
Inf Battalion HQ Pltn (14 CPP)
Assault Engineer Pltn (10 CPP)
MG Pltn (10 CPP)
70mm Btln Mtr OBA (5 CPP) *or* 100mm Med Arty (7 CPP)
SAN increase +1 (2 CPP)
Recon dr (3 CPP + x)

As Vinnie pointed out, the number to the right of the slash with note 'n' can't be purchased until on/after the 24 Night Date, but to the left of the slash are not restricted by this.

Hope this helps to clarify.

Tom

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you very much, Bonnie and Tom! Your responses have certainly cleared things up for me. I'm very excited to get started with this CG!