Red Rd 2 Rob v Marco

Mompariglia

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Una megainculata

I'll add a couple of lines just to explain my conduct. My plan was to divide Rob's front in two with a dash to Denver by 23rd ID, and to establish a defense before his armoured units could arrive. TF Bulldog and TF Razroback had to take Chicago and later Houston in order to protect the right flank, while 4th AD had to protect the left and maybe to take Memphis depending on the conditions. My problems started when my two TFs failed to take the first fortification south-west of Chicago due to an incredibly stiff resistance of the defenders. Then I met Rob's armoured formations which I expected to encounter after 6-7 turns, and that destroyed my isolated brigade. Fourth AD did its job taking Memphis, but the loss of a brigade and the exhaustion of the two TFs rendered my situation critical since the first stages. In general I undervalued the strength of the enemy and I asked too much to my yankees.
M

Mompariglia

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I confirm I'll not participate to the third round. Next week I'll leave for a long journey in the Middle East and for Eritrea, I'll come back in late October. Ciao a tutti and good luck with the third round. :nuts:
M