Red October VASL map?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Well, the product is just shipping to pre-orders, I seem to have heard.

Usually, it is always a couple of months after a new product ships from MMP, that VASL maps become available.

So my best guess would be to say:
  • Yes, it is in the pipeline.
  • But have patience.
  • It just might be there on Monday. ;)
von Marwitz

Bryan Holtby

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I guess I was hopeful that a VASL map was already completed to facilitate playtesting of the CGs. I've waited 10+ years for this, I suppose another month or two wont put me in a straightjacket.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I guess I was hopeful that a VASL map was already completed to facilitate playtesting of the CGs. I've waited 10+ years for this, I suppose another month or two wont put me in a straightjacket.
I am almost certain that it won't be a month or two. I mean, there are BFP Objective Schmidt, Forgotten Wars and now Corregidor (wait .. WO also) in the pipeline .. and the work's all done by fellow gamers.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am almost certain that it won't be a month or two. I mean, there are BFP Objective Schmidt, Forgotten Wars and now Corregidor (wait .. WO also) in the pipeline .. and the work's all done by fellow gamers.
The maps are the easy part(s) from what i gather. The hard part is the extensions. I don't have my RF yet but I am assuming their is going to be some kind of extension involved.

With the backlog that hongkongwargamer laid out, I'll bet it will be sometime before we see RO in VASL form. JMO and not really based on any facts that I know :).

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
At least the Schmidt and Corregidor maps are out. Bummer that the Schmidt counters are not out yet that is the CG I am itching to play.

Peace

Roger

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any news on the RF VASL maps?
Draft versions are here:

I really need more time to get these polished and released as official. The KFW extension too. Got some great proofing feedback on that. Then there’s more to do on the Overlay extension...VASL is a journey, not a destination.

Reactions: Abe

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Draft versions are here:

I really need more time to get these polished and released as official. The KFW extension too. Got some great proofing feedback on that. Then there’s more to do on the Overlay extension...VASL is a journey, not a destination.
Hi,

Great work as usual getting this ready for us!

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned...or if it's on your list...but I did see some missing thick black bars (interior walls) on a couple of the factories on the RO map. I haven't checked the whole map...but figured I will put this out there.

Thanks again for all your hard work!