Red October CG II advice (RO CGII)

=FC=Gorgon

Minister of Propaganda
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Folks,

Just finished Day 1 of RO CGII as the Russian player and boy does my a$$ hurt! I got absolutely clobbered! I know that is supposed to happen but sheesh!

Okay, I lost 83CVP of stuff and got this left:
9-1 x4 (1 bh to 9-2)
8-0
7-0 x2
228 x3
458 x7
447 x8
628 x3
.50cal
MMG
LMG x2
broken LMG
ATR x2
50mm MTR x2
82mm MTR x2
76L ART

I rolled for crap for CPP replenishment and only got 15 CPP. Perimeter pic attached.

Looking for advice on how to attack. I got 4 days left but only 2 attack chits total.

Go now when I can only buy 2-3 Coys and may be an OBA module? If I go Idle and he attacks, he'll almost definitely gain what he needs to win the CG; I count 22 left under my control. They are spread out in 2 zones but most are in the northern zone.

Yes, it's almost hopeless for the Russians but I want to try something. Any suggestions?

MikeS

Attachments

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Damn,... that was good day for the Germans.

Other than restarting I think you are right. Purchase what you can along with an attack chit and try to get back some locations. The Germans may mop you up but...

Good luck. That's a tough row to hoe.

Last edited:

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You can only buy 2 Coys I think.

It's over bro - if it's any compensation general feeling is this is very unbalanced.

I'm playing combined October/Barricades CG2. After first date I took an attack chit, completely abandoned the October map and attacked on the Barricades side.

You still need the Germans to set up first for it to work.

=FC=Gorgon

Minister of Propaganda
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks guys. I agree this CG is essentially over. But I am willing to give it a shot with a counterattack. I was just curious if people thought it was easier/harder to attack from the south or from the east. At this point I will buy my two coys and choose attack. If he chooses attack too, then I'll need lucky dice to have him setup first.

I think my setup for Day 1(11/11) was too spread out. I focused near the Iron Foundry and held out pretty well but the game went 7 turns and my boys just could not hold out that long. I also should have abandoned the V22 factory. My plan was to defend a turn and jump into the sewers but the Germans move in so fast I could not escape. I plan on a full AAR soon.

Still, wanted to play a RO CG but not one of the big ones. Thus CG-II at 5 dates is the only option; despite the fact it's unbalanced.

MikeS

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
My suggestion is this, fortify the slag mound, place mortars and a 76mm Art piece there make sure you have infantry platoon support and have a LOS to the east side of the Factory.thse mortars keep the germsn from moving to quickly with out severe casualties. Also keep you 6-2-8 out of the northen part of the factory, and expect that section to fall easily. There is a section of interior wall that will act like a funnel, use it to your advantage, place a hidden DC charge outside the entrance. It worked for me, also make sure one of the chimney hexes always has a russian squad on it, that wil give you the sniper 3 roll and boost your russian SAN to 6 your snipers will cause a lot of damage.