Red Factories

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any word on the "extension edition" for those that already have Red Barricades and just want the Red Factories map and rules/Chapter H notes?

Last edited:

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Any word on the "extension edition" for those that already have Red Barricades and just want the RO map and rules/Chapter H notes?
Wouldn't that be Red October? (only avaialble via pre-order).

I haven't heard of any plans to sell this as a package of only the RO Map, scenarios, and Chapter O.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Edited the previous comment. I am just interested in an extension and not the whole she-bang. Wasn't there discussions of an extension as an alternative for those of us who have had Red barricades since its release--now a long time ago!

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Edited the previous comment. I am just interested in an extension and not the whole she-bang. Wasn't there discussions of an extension as an alternative for those of us who have had Red barricades since its release--now a long time ago!
The only "extension" that I have heard of is "Red October" - i.e., the RO Maps, Chapter O, RO scenario cards, 6 x RO countersheets, and the box and lid. I.e., everything except the RB maps, RB scenario cards, and the two RB countersheets.

But, IIRC, Red October is only sold via pre-order - once it goes to regular ordering, only the full RF can be ordered.

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The only "extension" that I have heard of is "Red October" - i.e., the RO Maps, Chapter O, RO scenario cards, 6 x RO countersheets, and the box and lid. I.e., everything except the RB maps, RB scenario cards, and the two RB countersheets.

But, IIRC, Red October is only sold via pre-order - once it goes to regular ordering, only the full RF can be ordered.
As usual, Klas has nailed it.

I think we were pretty clear that the RO-only option was only available as a preorder.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hopefully there will be an end to the new "CMG FIrst Fired" counters as I just don't see much use to them in reality ("Meatspace" as some might say). Better to cut the costs and give me a discount on the next order! :)

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What is the status on shipping all preorders? I still have not received an email about processing or shipment of my RF. Also sent email about adding new WO pack to same shipment, then left voicemail to same effect. No response.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What is the status on shipping all preorders? I still have not received an email about processing or shipment of my RF. Also sent email about adding new WO pack to same shipment, then left voicemail to same effect. No response.
I'm still waiting, but I am probably WAY down in the queue. Before Winter Offensive I asked if I could have a copy of the bonus pack shipped with my Factories order but was told that due to the volume of factories orders being shipped it wasn't possible.

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They just shipped mine today...pre-ordered 10/31/2016.

pcourt

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My preordered RF made it to France (with a healthy customs tax added). A few counters had detached from their sheets, but since I'm not trying to keep it unpunched, not a problem.

I haven't compared to the older maps yet, but isn't the new map printed on more glossy paper?
Funny you mention a counter popping out. I had one 6-2-8 try to make a break for it as well. And that was just shipping to Northern Virginia.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
"Funny you mention a counter popping out. I had one 6-2-8 try to make a break for it as well"

The Commissar's are doing their job...

Update: RF changed to Packing, ordered 03/14/17

Last edited:

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Red Factories just arrived. Incredible product - possibly the best that MMP has produced. Excellent all around!

dur

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Funny you mention a counter popping out. I had one 6-2-8 try to make a break for it as well. And that was just shipping to Northern Virginia.
This was my exact experience too! I think it was counter ID O.

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Counters popping out are better than the old days where you had to cut the sheets with razors to get counter edges even close to sharp. MMP has increased production values immensely since they've been at the helm.

G.

Juzek

Steve Kyle
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hopefully there will be an end to the new "CMG FIrst Fired" counters as I just don't see much use to them in reality ("Meatspace" as some might say). Better to cut the costs and give me a discount on the next order! :)
I've found the VASL version of this counter helpful, but then again I didn't have to clip them, sort them, and find storage space for them. Maybe this is better in the virtual world of unlimited storage.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

My order has changed to "Processing."