Red Factories

hondo nelson

Recruit
Reaction score
red factories has been lounging in preorder for close to a year is their a est. release date or are we looking another year or two

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Korea is next in line, IIRC, so I would probably not expect it earlier than next year. In fact I am not even sure the rules, scenarios, etc. has been submitted to MMP yet.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There have been playtests mentioned would not that require rules and scenarios?
Projects are playtested before they are submitted to MMP. I do not believe MMP will accept a submission that hasn't gone through preliminary playtesting. So, when Klas says the rules and scenarios haven't yet been submitted to MMP, that does not mean that the rules and scenarios do not exist.

I also do not think that MMP places items on pre-order unless they are well on their way to completion after submission. As Red Factories is up for pre-order, I think that Klas is mistaken and that MMP has had the project submitted to them. I do not know how a company could place items on pre-order that hadn't been submitted yet. Klas works with MMP on some things, though, so he would know more than I about their process.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Projects are playtested before they are submitted to MMP. I do not believe MMP will accept a submission that hasn't gone through preliminary playtesting. So, when Klas says the rules and scenarios haven't yet been submitted to MMP, that does not mean that the rules and scenarios do not exist.

I also do not think that MMP places items on pre-order unless they are well on their way to completion after submission. As Red Factories is up for pre-order, I think that Klas is mistaken and that MMP has had the project submitted to them. I do not know how a company could place items on pre-order that hadn't been submitted yet. Klas works with MMP on some things, though, so he would know more than I about their process.
Yeah, that seems kind of strange. Ah well, it will come out when it comes out, I guess.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
...I also do not think that MMP places items on pre-order unless they are well on their way to completion after submission...
That is the normal MO for ASL products. However, IIRC, Red October was a sort-of special case as I think MMP wanted the pre-order number to hit *before* they gave the go-ahead for Kibler to re-paint the RB maps (since that was a major job).

As for that status of the maps I believe Chas posted something about it on some forum not too long ago, but I do not remember where that was.

LHMG

Reaction score
I was told recently it would be out 2nd quarter of next year, give or take. Don't forget however that the best laid plans etc, etc. But I'm hoping he was right.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That is the normal MO for ASL products. However, IIRC, Red October was a sort-of special case as I think MMP wanted the pre-order number to hit *before* they gave the go-ahead for Kibler to re-paint the RB maps (since that was a major job).
That's a shame. I would much rather Kibler be working on a new map rather than re-doing RB, even a new Stalingrad map. But it makes financial sense to re-do the RB map I suppose.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
That's a shame. I would much rather Kibler be working on a new map rather than re-doing RB, even a new Stalingrad map. But it makes financial sense to re-do the RB map I suppose.
Since Red Factories will include RB, the RB maps has to be re-painted (in digital format).

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since Red Factories will include RB, the RB maps has to be re-painted (in digital format).
Unless Red Factories had to include RB, then it is a non sequitur that RB had to be re-done. And even it it did, I would still rather have Kibler working on something else as I have had my fill of Stalingrad, which I know is just a personal preference. And again, I understand that such decisions have to be based on the financial needs of the owners, not the wants of individual customers. But I can still wish out loud, even if without expectation of commiseration.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Unless Red Factories had to include RB, then it is a non sequitur that RB had to be re-done. And even it it did, I would still rather have Kibler working on something else as I have had my fill of Stalingrad, which I know is just a personal preference. And again, I understand that such decisions have to be based on the financial needs of the owners, not the wants of individual customers. But I can still wish out loud, even if without expectation of commiseration.
I'll commiserate... I've had my fill of Stalingrad as well.
My ASL life is too short to spend so much of it within one city. Especially with all of that DTO and PTO yet to be played.

Full disclosure:
I did pre-order Red Factories, I couldn't pass on the idea of re-done maps.
"Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in".

gulliver62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One benefit of being a newb is working to just try and have my skill level to the point necessary when the game comes out. I have a lot of other city scenarios to work through.

Kaiax33

Reaction score
First name
Kai
Country
llUnited States
QQ from a newb (and can't seem to find the answer on MMP's website)...do they pre-bill your credit card, or do you get some sort of notification like with the GMT P500 list?