Red Factories Table?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Naw….I'm going to place 2x 3ft by 4ft boards on the living room floor!

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
i bought a new table at Habitat for Humanity for $18 - folds out and it 26 inches high - helps with the back since I do not have to sit all of the time. For my regular table I have bought risers - the two should match up nicely.

We are hoping to get a foursome to play the two big scenarios later in the year.

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
I've only got a 6' folding table, I'll have to build a top to fit over it, since the original table's not quite wide enough anyway.
A good summer project! :)

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've only got a 6' folding table, I'll have to build a top to fit over it, since the original table's not quite wide enough anyway.
A good summer project! :)
Yeah I have an 8' table and I built an overlay like you suggest but only big enough for RB! I have to build another mating one now and butt them together. Until I build the ultimate table someday... way off in the future...

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Master of the e-TOC you are...some of us operate only in the Old World TOC.
You seem to enjoy being a dinosaur, so I don’t begrudge it. ;)

Honestly, if I had local opponents, I’d love playing with counters, but I would still reserve CGs for VASL for not keeping set up reasons.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How do you setup multiple monitors for VASL? One for the board and others for the charts and rules?
When I played on a laptop, and used an additional monitor, that is how I set it up.

Spencer, how do you get your boards displayed on your TV. I have a 55 inch Samsung OLED TV.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
How do you setup multiple monitors for VASL? One for the board and others for the charts and rules?
I use the pocket ASLRB and rat charts. Despite my poking at Herr Doctor Hershey, I don't use technology just because. I find using the map and counters online and the scenario, rules and charts in paper works best for me. The "third monitor" is just because I have two I use for video gaming but they're extra-wide which is actually lousy for VASL.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
My version is typically, map and chat on one monitor, e-RB and/or scenario PDF on the other. I suppose I could move the chat to the second monitor to have more space for the map, it should work fine. (I also play with the Rat Pocket Charts clost to hand, and the pocket rulebook, but an electronic version has easy searching)

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I use the pocket ASLRB and rat charts. Despite my poking at Herr Doctor Hershey, I don't use technology just because. I find using the map and counters online and the scenario, rules and charts in paper works best for me. The "third monitor" is just because I have two I use for video gaming but they're extra-wide which is actually lousy for VASL.
Would you post a pic of VASL on your 55 inch screen?

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I bought a 55" TV to be my third monitor for VASL. Don't need a table ever.
What glue do you use to hold the counters onto the monitor? For that matter, how do you stack the counters? Nails would probably work, but there's a slight chance that you might damage the cardboard.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Would you post a pic of VASL on your 55 inch screen?
You’re wondering if it gets pixelated? It does , a bit, especially if you zoom (I misremembered it’s a 50 BTW, a 5) would exacerbate that). I don’t use it for small scenarios, usually for things where a single screen makes me lose track of LOSs. I’ll try to get a pic the next time I have a big scenario on there.