Red Factories overlays

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was considering punching out the center dots of the gutted factory and "fixes" overlays so that when they are placed the original hex center dots would still be usable. Has anyone else thought about doing so? Or just live with a (possibly) slightly "off" overlay center dot relative to the original map?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I was considering punching out the center dots of the gutted factory and "fixes" overlays so that when they are placed the original hex center dots would still be usable. Has anyone else thought about doing so? Or just live with a (possibly) slightly "off" overlay center dot relative to the original map?
It's probably ok to live without, but if you want the best of both, I suggest color-copying the overlays, punching the copies, laminating them and saving the originals for your heirs.

JR

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I'd vary strongly agree, keep the originals intact, only mutilate copies.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's probably ok to live without, but if you want the best of both, I suggest color-copying the overlays, punching the copies, laminating them and saving the originals for your heirs.

JR
I've already copied the originals and am cutting out the copies (heavy label paper - I won't have them laminated). ;)

btw, should the gutted factories still have stairwells?

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I’ll do this with one of my spare sets of overlays .??

Last edited:

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

O.M.F'ing.G.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is that actually a problem? The center dot in a hexagon being off center? Because that doesn't sound like a thing.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, but sometimes the overlays shift slightly. Which I suppose would mean the building depictions are off ...

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And the vertices would be off as well and any other terrain present. Punching holes in an overlay won't fix that.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I said I was considering doing so. Now I'll have to consider cutting out the building depictions and just putting those on the map.
:eek:;)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I said I was considering doing so. Now I'll have to consider cutting out the building depictions and just putting those on the map.
:eek:;)
Don't open that Box of Pandora. If you tried cutting out the building depictions, how would you ensure that they align correctly?

von Marwitz